PDA

View Full Version : n00bie

Etah
4th Dec 2004, 01:55 PM
Yea, so this releases in a few days? Sounds good. Watched the vids there were posted, looks good too: Can't wait.

IndianPsycho
4th Dec 2004, 05:45 PM
Hi :)

Dragon_X
4th Dec 2004, 11:57 PM
awww indy has a new friend ;d

btw Hi

Jackal
5th Dec 2004, 02:17 AM
awww indy has a new friend ;d

ya beat me to it....lol

hi2u new person. thx for your intrest in UTXMP. you will NOT be disapointed.

.pot.OptimusPrime
5th Dec 2004, 08:37 AM
And tell your mates to start playing XMP too! The more we agitate the better! :2thumb:

dutch_gecko
5th Dec 2004, 11:57 AM
Hello, and welcome to our dingy underground organ collection scheme. Oh wait, wrong forum...

Gumby
5th Dec 2004, 05:10 PM
heylo :)

B4NE
5th Dec 2004, 06:07 PM
yo. :)

Mantik
6th Dec 2004, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Forums, allow me to take this time to outline a few of the lesser known 'fine printed' rules you may not have conspicuously seen when perusing the terms of service agreement.. for your trolling pleasure;

1. No substaining.
2. Phalanx is at fault for all that goes wrong.
3. Everyone cheats but YOU, the viewer.
4. No more than four raptors per map. EVER.
5. XMP has four artifacts, not twenty-four.
6. We need defense, DAMNIT!
7. XMP != DeathMatch

Review them, practice them, enforce them if necessary.. and enjoy your stay.

schizophrenia
6th Dec 2004, 01:58 PM
8. Ignore all the above
9. Mantik gay

[DF]phalanx
6th Dec 2004, 02:05 PM
6,8 and 9 i agree with
xmp has as many artis as the mapper chooses
XMP so far has 2,4,8 and 12 artis
xmp can have as many raptors as it wants :P
no 7 is ghey some of us play to cap artis not to sit around jumping about waiting for a DMer to cap the art on the **** maps

cyb
6th Dec 2004, 02:10 PM
phalanx']no 7 is ghey some of us play to cap artis not to sit around jumping about waiting for a DMer to cap the art on the **** maps

small hint: != is programming slang for not/unequal.

CaSCaDe
6th Dec 2004, 02:37 PM
this calles for truffles

Mantik
6th Dec 2004, 02:40 PM
8. Ignore all the above
9. Mantik gay

Kiss Kiss

Dragon_X
6th Dec 2004, 02:52 PM
I agree with all of them but

is the one that i agree with most

SwiftPaladin
6th Dec 2004, 02:53 PM
refer to my sig

dutch_gecko
6th Dec 2004, 03:54 PM
this calles for truffles
10. Cascade is good at completely throwing a conversation off track. And you should always agree with him.

Jackal
6th Dec 2004, 04:15 PM
It's good to see new people in the fourms and ready for UTXMP. it gives me hope for this community.

Gumby
6th Dec 2004, 04:19 PM
this calles for truffles

Fluffle the truffle!!11!

dutch_gecko
6th Dec 2004, 04:21 PM
11. your all ****ing gay (noobs excluded for a 30 day trial period) Mantik is right.
12. If you don't like the way XMP is, then get the **** out, and go play another game.
Please ignore Jackal. He gets like this when he is impatient.

Gumby
6th Dec 2004, 04:25 PM
11. your all ****ing gay (noobs excluded for a 30 day trial period) Mantik is right.
12. If you don't like the way XMP is, then get the **** out, and go play another game.

And here in the bushes, amongst the undergrowth, we see the renowned and dirty silhouette of a CS player... Or is a puddy tat?

Jackal
6th Dec 2004, 04:25 PM
Im Lovin It!

Please dont quote stupid McDonnalds phrases. This isn't the place.

Jackal
6th Dec 2004, 04:28 PM
And here in the bushes, amongst the undergrowth, we see the renowned and dirty silhouette of a CS player... Or is a puddy tat?

Im not a CS player. just tired of people bitchin about how they want UTXMP to be. be sides...im a kitty. meow meow meow... :crazydance:

dutch_gecko
7th Dec 2004, 03:12 AM
Im Lovin It!
I think you need glasses Jackal. They aren't bad once you get used to them.

Jackal
7th Dec 2004, 05:33 AM
I think you need glasses Jackal. They aren't bad once you get used to them.

hehe.

atleast YOU can spell my name right. thx.

Malvos
7th Dec 2004, 08:08 AM
Hi guys, I'm new too (at least to the forums) I played U2XMP and this mod is the reason I still play UT2004. I found I've been losing interest lately and waiting for UTXMP to be released has been what's kept me going. If only you didn't have to realease it two days before exams start!! j/k great work devs I'm really excited for this.

CaSCaDe
7th Dec 2004, 08:50 AM
\o/ more truffles!

www.xoxtruffles.com

Gumby
7th Dec 2004, 10:02 AM
hehe.

atleast YOU can spell my name right. thx.

Oi :p

Agree about the bitching part :(

free <3 for all!

.pot.OptimusPrime
7th Dec 2004, 02:16 PM
And the best parts of Internet gaming community: it encourages people to be rude to each other, disrespect opinios, behave like kids, directly dismiss new ideas as herecy, interrupt almost intellectual conversations, link goatses and tübgirls, add megaton gif-animations to signatures, frighten newbies out and FLAME with a big whopping flamethrower.

Next best things are typing five line sentences, not using capitals when needed and using when not and producing bad English (hmmhmhmmhm).

And the quite OK thing is that we may sometimes even make progress to a direction or another by posting here. Or if the flamers are asleep, you might even get usefull hints and information.

But remember my son, humor and sarcasm are forbidden.

Malvos
7th Dec 2004, 02:28 PM
And the best parts of Internet gaming community: it encourages people to be rude to each other, disrespect opinios, behave like kids, directly dismiss new ideas as herecy, interrupt almost intellectual conversations, link goatses and tübgirls, add megaton gif-animations to signatures, frighten newbies out and FLAME with a big whopping flamethrower.

Next best things are typing five line sentences, not using capitals when needed and using when not and producing bad English (hmmhmhmmhm).

And the quite OK thing is that we may sometimes even make progress to a direction or another by posting here. Or if the flamers are asleep, you might even get usefull hints and information.

wow you've learned alot in the month you've been here

CoRporis
7th Dec 2004, 02:46 PM
Hi all I'm a noob to xmp also.. I've havnt even played the ut2 version. :( Anyhow me and some clanmates of mine are really excited to play, from what i've seen it'll be worth the hype.

CaSCaDe
7th Dec 2004, 03:04 PM
\o/ AND YET MORE TRUFFLES!

www.xoxtruffles.com

Dragon_X
7th Dec 2004, 03:22 PM
bah, might as well join in

w00t..and yet more truffles...
www.xoxtruffles.com

:D

fireball
7th Dec 2004, 03:35 PM
Hi all I'm a noob to xmp also.. I've havnt even played the ut2 version. :( Anyhow me and some clanmates of mine are really excited to play, from what i've seen it'll be worth the hype.
Always great to see new faces :)
And see my sig if you want info on the game itself.

[Ci]Mazza
7th Dec 2004, 03:58 PM
\o/ AND YET MORE TRUFFLES!

www.xoxtruffles.com

They aren't ready for the truffles man, it takes a few months of mental scarring before you can take that kind of pressure without noticing.

dutch_gecko
8th Dec 2004, 03:32 AM
Hehe this shop is just up the road from me :D
http://www.deesidetruffles.com/

CaSCaDe
8th Dec 2004, 07:31 AM
Mazza']They aren't ready for the truffles man, it takes a few months of mental scarring before you can take that kind of pressure without noticing.

its the shock effect that makes it fun.....

dutch_gecko
8th Dec 2004, 12:14 PM
its the shock effect that makes it fun.....
I can take truffles like only a gecko can.

Jubei
8th Dec 2004, 12:49 PM
so with utxmp being released very soon does this mean the original u2xmp players are veterans?

if so i'm the first to claim mantik as grandpa

Killinya
8th Dec 2004, 01:12 PM
if so i'm the first to claim mantik as grandpa

So, that means mantik started at 11 and so did ur dad... and your playing at at age 1...dam ur good! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Mantik
8th Dec 2004, 01:15 PM
I'm a Veteran of the BeyondUnreal XMP Flame War.

I think I have more Purple Hearts than John Kerry didn't earn.

punk84
8th Dec 2004, 01:57 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Insommy
8th Dec 2004, 04:16 PM
Well, with all the new players coming in, I'm just hoping that I might be able to hit a few of them...

then again probably still won't be able to.

Splinter
8th Dec 2004, 04:39 PM
Hi my names Adam Sheridan and im an alcoholic.

CoRporis
8th Dec 2004, 06:39 PM
LoL@truffles... I'll send ya my address heh... anyhow thanks for the welcome guys... hope to frag with ya(or against ya) soon..

Xaero
8th Dec 2004, 08:45 PM

:lol:

I don't know whats funnier, the fact your whole post is humorus and sarcastic, or the fact there are people out there who completely missed that.

Gumby
8th Dec 2004, 10:20 PM
Hi my names Adam Sheridan and im an alcoholic.

lol ;)

dutch_gecko
9th Dec 2004, 04:11 AM
I'm a Veteran of the BeyondUnreal XMP Flame War.

I think I have more Purple Hearts than John Kerry didn't earn.
Which one ;)

[*=)Gecko(=*] [Redeploying]: We need more truffles! www.deesidetruffles.com

GotBeer?
9th Dec 2004, 08:34 AM
.pot.OptimusPrime consorts with the Devil! His ideas are evil and threaten the whole community! Rouse the villagers! Burn him with your flamethrowers! His heresy will not be substained!

Sorry, my system is almost completely alcohol/caffeine free. Won't you please help?

dutch_gecko
9th Dec 2004, 10:25 AM
/me makes coke+vodka concoction, with extra fake sweetener. Is good for the highness, it is.

Gumby
9th Dec 2004, 11:22 AM
OMG vodka milkshake is gooooooood! :D

GotBeer?
9th Dec 2004, 12:07 PM
/me makes coke+vodka concoction, with extra fake sweetener. Is good for the highness, it is.
GotBeer?: [At The Bar] Thanks!

dutch_gecko
9th Dec 2004, 12:49 PM
*=)Gecko(=*: [As Frank the friendly barman] No problem/

.pot.OptimusPrime
10th Dec 2004, 07:57 AM
.pot.OptimusPrime consorts with the Devil! His ideas are evil and threaten the whole community! Rouse the villagers! Burn him with your flamethrowers! His heresy will not be substained!

There are two ways to figure out wheter he is a troll or not. If he floats he has to be made of wood OR he´s a duck. (trolls are ducky things...) We have to torch him in a pyre which proves him to be wooden. In other case we must prepare him as a meal with duck dressed in appropriate sauce not forgetting the wine. If he tasts like duck but still cannot swim he´s not troll and maybe write on these forums again.

WTF
:fluffle: :y5: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

GotBeer?
13th Dec 2004, 07:47 AM
ummmm, duck sauce.

Dandeloreon1984
15th Dec 2004, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the Forums, allow me to take this time to outline a few of the lesser known 'fine printed' rules you may not have conspicuously seen when perusing the terms of service agreement.. for your trolling pleasure;

1. No substaining.
3. Everyone cheats but YOU, the viewer.
4. No more than four raptors per map. EVER.
5. XMP has four artifacts, not twenty-four.
6. We need defense, DAMNIT!
7. XMP != DeathMatch

Review them, practice them, enforce them if necessary.. and enjoy your stay.

i agree with most of that, but number 2... all i haft to say about number 2 is that i am pushing phalanx to make great maps, so expect the next map of his to be very very nice... and as for my map, it is being ported, but it won't be the same as in xmp... after all, the one in xmp was one of my first maps, and now i got actual experience on how to make better maps ( all i need now is for my pc to not crash during a day of map creation... lol )

GotBeer?
15th Dec 2004, 01:52 PM
i agree with most of that, but number 2... all i haft to say about number 2 is that i am pushing phalanx to make great maps, so expect the next map of his to be very very nice...
:rolleyes: