No sound for UT2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
I can't hear sound for UT2k4, and only UT2k4. I can hear everything from other programs, but just not UT2k4. The only thing i can hear is text to speech. Both my speakers are playing fine. Someone help me. My Audio tab:
I have Enable system driver on, and i have it on 3D Audio. My sound bars are all the way up. Before, i thought it was my speakers, and there was a prob, but it's fixed now. still, no sound from UT2k4. ran a test on sound hardware. everything works fine. please help.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Thats sounds weird, are you sure yout music bar is up? If other games work fine, then you might want to reinstal UT2004. Save your settings and maps, etc.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
yeh, i'm sure. hey, if i just plainly installed UT, would it replace only the original retail files?

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
whoa...weird problem....tho i'll try to find a solution for you. I just met a good friend today that seems to know everything about games and programming...... he might be able to help, please stay on and i'll get back to you as soon as possible! :)

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
ok Dracone, i'm back. The two of us pondered in thought for only 5 minutes until we came up with an utterly small list of possible problems and solutions.

- Try reinstalling the game.
- Get new sound drivers, if possible.
- What are your system specifications? No offense, but it's kinda hard without knowing what kind of sound card you have, or what kinda integrated sound card you have, and what kind of drivers..... For example, MY computer (the web surfing one) has Intel (R) integrated audio with integrated audio drivers, but my other one has SoundMAX digital audio integrated sound with separate sound drivers that you have to install via CD or thru the Internet.......
- Can you give us more info on your computer's hardware?

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
well, i use a C-Media Wave device, and that's about all i can tell you about hardware. sound is perfect for everything but UT. I vote on reinstalling the game. so do i just insert install CD 1 and click install, will it only install any missing sound files and such? i mean, will it only replace original files that come with retail?

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
no, it will install EVERY file, meaning it also overwrites files that are already there, AND you'll spend an eternity installing the game.

btw, is this a legit copy of UT2004? If it isn't legal,

1. I shouldn't be helping you.
2. There could be many reasons that sound is coming out.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
i tried safe mode, and yes, it's a legal copy. when i first got it, sound worked, but when i downloaded the 4th patch, version 3323, my text to speech stopped working. so, i defaulted sound, and it was either then or when i turned text to speech back on that my sound got messed up.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Dracone, have you tried uninstalling SpeechRedist? Maybe this will help.

Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Add and Remove Programs

and then find "SpeechRedist" somewhere on the list and click the "Remove" button or whatever. Then run UT2004 again. See if this helps. :)

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
well, another prob came up, and now i can't even start UT up. i'm just gonna reinstall the game. i can't uninstall it first though, and i'm gonna just install right over everything.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Well, make sure that when you reinstall the game, you also uninstall SpeechRedist if you don't plan on communicating with bots and giving them orders like a true team leader....

If you have problems with your sound, please private message me or reply on this thread again.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
yay, it's a miracle! i only reinstalled stuff from CD 1, and it put all sound back, plus i can start UT again. thanks a lot for yur help.