PDA

View Full Version : Menu Concept

FluXs
2nd Dec 2004, 09:38 AM
Just a little updated concept for the GUI and mini program boot screen from DA:UT

see attachment

Not sure if its possible to have semi transparent images for the GUI, anyone who can turn this into a GUI please apply :)

Jig
2nd Dec 2004, 09:39 AM
Nice!

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN
2nd Dec 2004, 12:35 PM
;) :)

FluXs
2nd Dec 2004, 06:59 PM
Optional theme changes too: green theme :)

Update includes new buttons : Minimise and Help Playing Guide

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN
2nd Dec 2004, 07:24 PM
nice :) :D

FluXs
2nd Dec 2004, 07:45 PM
Started work on update checker (featured in boot program)

for each version of DA2 released each one will link to its own special version page. older version pages will be updated with info for the latest version. As people upgrade Defence Alliance, the same files will be overwritten with newer links.

Here is the v1.00 update checker with two examples of what will happen.

www.planetunreal.com/da/2/help/manual/v100checker.html

This has been an idea I had for a while and should help people keep track of version releases. Hope it helps :D

Jig
3rd Dec 2004, 10:23 AM
Very nice!

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN
3rd Dec 2004, 12:46 PM
sweet as a nice fresh donnut

Eizo
3rd Dec 2004, 02:27 PM
For the ingame menu - I have seen lots of other mods with the same sort of layout with the options near-left and a slow map walkthrough on the back. Might be worth trying out a few diff ones to stay away from the crowd

FluXs
3rd Dec 2004, 03:00 PM
i think the menu map is different, as it pans around outside to end up looking out the bunker window back onto the beach, with the soliders gun moving from side to side as he looks. If during beta testing it proves laggy or whatever we will sort something else out.

spec_x
3rd Dec 2004, 03:37 PM
it'll be fine, it can always be tuned later :)