PDA

View Full Version : Redirect the ctf4 maps

°░ GoddaM
30th Nov 2004, 09:04 PM
Hey Taztg,

Did you redirect the ctf4 maps. I tried checking out one of the maps and it was downloading real slow you may want to check that to make sure they are all in the redirect. The map in question was Tutorial.... something like that, anyway just thought I'd let you know man. :D ;)

Shattered_Steel
30th Nov 2004, 10:21 PM
If you downloaded the ctf4 mod, then most of the ctf4 maps come with it, including the tutorial map. And yes, you'll have to download the mod to play ctf4 on our server. You can download it here: http://ctf4.apartment167.com/

źBuA╗Lurker_71
1st Dec 2004, 05:57 AM
We purposely didn't redirect the maps or the mod because of the huge download and the time it would take.
As it is; it took 2 of us some time to get it on the server to begin with... so my suggestion is; download and install the mod.

If we come up with any custom CTF4 maps, they will likely be available on our main page under files.

TAZTG
1st Dec 2004, 06:36 AM
Hey Taztg,

Did you redirect the ctf4 maps. I tried checking out one of the maps and it was downloading real slow you may want to check that to make sure they are all in the redirect. The map in question was Tutorial.... something like that, anyway just thought I'd let you know man. :D ;)

Sorry, none of the files included in the CTF4 MOD is on redirect. Check your Map folder and make sure you have the map and try to reinstall the map. Maybe it was corrupted or something on your first install. Doesn't make sense that you would need to D/L a map that was included with the MOD. When new CTF4 maps are uploaded to the server they will be added to the redirect. BTW: I look forward to our SCRIM Thurs., and hope we can get some CTF4 in after the SCRIM. Sounds like a blast!!

°░ GoddaM
2nd Dec 2004, 10:43 AM
Sorry, none of the files included in the CTF4 MOD is on redirect. Check your Map folder and make sure you have the map and try to reinstall the map. Maybe it was corrupted or something on your first install. Doesn't make sense that you would need to D/L a map that was included with the MOD. When new CTF4 maps are uploaded to the server they will be added to the redirect. BTW: I look forward to our SCRIM Thurs., and hope we can get some CTF4 in after the SCRIM. Sounds like a blast!!

°░ GoddaM
2nd Dec 2004, 10:49 AM
Ok that's what I thought. Yeah, I see how that would be a problem especially when you have such a big file to upload. I wasn't aware though that I had to install the mod on my pc as well in order to play tho. I thought it would be like the 99 version where it wasn't necessary to do so. Aight thanks for info and I'll see you guys at the scrim. Beers are on me. :lol:

Bonecrusher
2nd Dec 2004, 01:13 PM
You have to install any mod no matter what. Even if it was on the redirect, you'd still be sitting there for a good half hour. If we make any maps, we will make them available thru the website.