Creating Transparent Textures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mayaboy

Mayaboy
May 30, 2004
www.mesoamerican-archives.com
Hi there,

I'm a relative newbie, and I'm trying to create my own custom textures. I followed the instructions for creating a texture with transparent portions (using Alpha channel) on this URL:

http://www.leveldesigner.com/index.php?action=doc&ID=171

But when I import the texture into Runtime, it does not provide me with the check box for "Alpha" (only Masked, Mipmaps, and Detail Hack). Are these instructions appropriate for Runtime? If not, how do I create a transparent texture for my runtime map? (For example, if I wanted to make a fence where you could see through the slots in the fence).

Many thanks,

-MB

Mayaboy

Mayaboy
May 30, 2004
www.mesoamerican-archives.com
Nevermind... My mistake. For those reading this post hoping for a good walkthrough for creating masked/transparent textures, that URL I posted above is perfect. You simply have to go to the texture's surface properties after importing it and set "alpha channel" to "true" (as the tutorial explains, but I was obviously too impatient to read).