PDA

View Full Version : Cant run mod

abordeu
30th Nov 2004, 07:52 AM
Hi, I can't get Unwheel to run because after installing I only get the "Play UT2004" and "Play UT2004 (custom user config)" in my start menu icons. There is no "Play Unwheel" launcher. I tried to activate the mod through the community/mod menu from UT2004, but there's nothing there. I've reinstalled and dowloaded from different places. I have the latest UT2004 patch. I have 11gb of free space. What can be wrong?

Shrimp
30th Nov 2004, 08:14 AM
Those Start Menu links are just there for conveniance... They run normal UT2004 - the (custom user config) option launches UT2004 using a seperate User.ini so your UnWheel keys don't mix up with your normal UT2004 keys.

Just start a normal UT2004 Instant Action or whatever and you'll find the UnWheel gametypes where you normally select DeathMatch, Onslaught, etc..

jsheedy
1st Dec 2004, 11:58 AM
I was unable to run the game at all. I unzip the mod in the ut2004 dir. I think it was unwheel_msu at first. So I tried to run the mod ut2004 -mod=unwheel2004, no success.

I then change the directory name to unwheel, then to Unwheel, then UnWheel

bad Mod error

I then check the perms, for the time being the just did a chmod -R 777 UnWheel
bad Mod error

I then noticed that in the directory there was no in file. So I created one.

bash-2.05b$ cat *ini
[MOD]
ModTitle=UnWheel
ModLogo=
ModDesc=UnWheel
ModCmdLine=
ModURL=

I don't know much about ini files.

The Mod now will start, but it is just he regular ut2004. I do not see the Mod Logo, I am not sure if that make a difference.

Thanks.

Gentoo linux, latest Nvidia Drivers

:eek:

ProjectX
1st Dec 2004, 03:19 PM
LOL FFS! RTFFAQ ( READ THE ****ING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS) OR EVEN RTFUFPHHCIFB? ( READ THE ****ING ABOVE ****ING POST, HOW HARD CAN IT ****ING BE?)

I apologise for the caps, only it seemed worthy for such a comment.

In case you are unable to see the post above yours, UnWheel does not use the -mod feature yet, it plops it in the extra gametypes list under instant action.

jsheedy
1st Dec 2004, 05:26 PM
ok

JACK SH!T
1st Dec 2004, 09:17 PM
it also shows up in internet game types. All 1,000,000,000 UnWheel game modes :eek:
I droped the ball on looking into making 1 UW tab :( forgot to follow up on it, my bad.. :(

ProjectX
2nd Dec 2004, 02:09 AM
it also shows up in internet game types. All 1,000,000,000 UnWheel game modes :eek:
I droped the ball on looking into making 1 UW tab :( forgot to follow up on it, my bad.. :(

we're working on the -mod system, don't worry about it.

zeep
6th Dec 2004, 06:59 AM
Just to let you guys know i'm really waiting for the -mod option. It's my tendency to want to keep things organized. The thought of installing in UT system gives me goosebumps.
*thinks of UT99 kazillion mods all in system dir*

Good luck devs