UT2k4 on a Voodoo3!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JadedLogik

Sep 21, 2004
Midwest
only getting ~10fps with dual cards? :) I can remember back in the day desperately wanting voodoo2 sli. And now I have a 5700fx ultra which just destroys them for less money :) Hurray! :) Nice pics hyruilian

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
meeekael said:
Paaaaaaah.

Thats class.

My brother is playing it on his Pentium3 1000 on a radeon 7000 PCI video card.

Its such class.
Dont insult the PCI users, I play on my 2ghz P4 radeon 9200 PCI. I still get framerates around 30-40 @ 10x7 w/ all boxes checked and all settings on normal, except for tex and char detail, which are on high. The 1gb of ram and 256mb vid card probably helps tho :D

brokenFIX

Oct 29, 2004
I played UT2003 on a Athlon 1.13 ghz - Voodoo3 3000, everything on low on 640x480. Now with UT2004 the only diference is that i have a GeForce 4Ti 4200, same Athlon, and i am playing on medium detail on 1024x728. Also im playing HL2. :)

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Same here, I use the software renderer so it will work on my crappy S3 card but I am getting an ATi Radeon 8500 for crimbo. Will that gett me good framerates?

Good enough for DM or CTF. Not really good enough for AS or ONS unless you turn everything waaaay down (all effects off). But it also depends on your processor speed. I play with an 8500 and a 1.5 MHz P4. At 800 x 600 and most details at low, its great for DM and the other simpler gametypes. ONS and AS are still playable, but many maps will hitch like crazy in a firefight.

In DM or CTF I usually get between 30-60 fps depending on the amount of action in the scene.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
oh God oh God oh God oh God that's so bad! :D

nice framerates in Onslaught there! :p

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Consider the poor performance revenge for the days when Unreal as "Glide optimized".

I remember when the Voodoo owners got access to a Glide-only demo of Unreal Tournament a full week before full demo was released and being upset until I managed to get an OpenGL Glide-wrapper for my nVIDIA (remember when it used to be spelled that way, rather than Nvidia?) Riva TNT. The performance under the wrapper was actually quite good, IIRC.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Hyrulian: what rendering Device was used.

prolly most everyone knows or should know a Voodoo card was HORRID for using D3D rendering, it shined in the Glide and OpenGL renderers

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Already mentioned it in IRC, but I'll post it here for the others.

I used Direct3d in those pictures. Yeah, I know OpenGL would have worked better, but for some reason, I was never able to get OpenGL to work on this Voodoo card under Windows XP, even with those "hacked" drivers that are supposed to get Glide and OpenGL to work. (It did fix glide support, although UT2k3/4 didn't support Glide any more...)

SyK0

Feb 1, 2004
ugh.. i can remember getting that FPS with UT2003 on my TNT2.. :( is that what ur useing now or is that just for testing?...