MY CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN! PLEASE STEP FORWARD NOW! (TOURNEY)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Okay we're almost to 48 players and the time has come to come up with some team captains.

The best way we thought of doing this was to have players signed up in the tourney step up and nominate themselves. Things to keep in mind before you say anything:

1) One of your "duties" is to ensure you have enough players for the designated match time.

2) When making team selections, please keep in mind balanced teams. Everyone wants to win but we also want to have a fun tournament for all. Please try not to "stack teams" during your selection if possible.

3) Minor management duties like submitting your teams selected map for the upcoming match. This does not mean you alone get to select the map, it is a team decision. It is also your duty to make sure players are rotated fairly if more than the tourney's team size shows up for a match and other such similar situations. I guess what I'm trying to say is no power whores need apply. ;)

I think those are the 3 big ones I had in mind. I'm sure other little situations will arise where it's common sense a little leadership may be needed. I also know it's a fun tourney and I use words like "duties" and stuff but we need to make sure those who step up as captains will show a little responsibility in helping this thing roll along.

If we get too many people that want to take a Capt. posistion, we will have to come up with a way to trim the list down, probably by a community vote.

CBA

Proud ::VeC:: Member
Oct 31, 2004
Belgium
vec.be
I'm also not gonna be a captain, i hope i'm still into this, but i think the captain would have to be one who is there every Fragbu and knows the other team members pritty well from forum or irc :) I'm to new for this ...

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
If nobody else wants to be one, I'll be one for the sake of getting this thing off the ground :)

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
I will step up and volunteer to be a capt.

I work every Friday and Sat. night, so my participation at FragBUs has been very low. Hence, I would need some help with the balanced team picking.

No worries, though. This is going to be very fun!!

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Everyone, US and Euros, will be in one draft, so we won't necessarily have a Euros only team. Now, if a Euro volunteers to be a captain and picks only Euro players, that's his/her decision.

So, does that mean edhe and Zoeff are volunteering?

Zoeff

Unreal Exploiters
Oct 22, 2004
The Netherlands
Renegade Retard said:
Everyone, US and Euros, will be in one draft, so we won't necessarily have a Euros only team. Now, if a Euro volunteers to be a captain and picks only Euro players, that's his/her decision.

So, does that mean edhe and Zoeff are volunteering?

ehm, no... im kinda busy lately :x

- Zoeff

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
...Hyrulian and Huggybear are the last against the wall as the dodgeball teams are picked....

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Come on guys. We've got, what, two so far?

This isn't a request for the best players to be captains. We just need people to take the responsibility to 1) select the teams, and 2) help organize the teams.

I'm a little disappointed. A few people who've replied so far I expected to step up.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'll step up and do it. I've been refraining so far because last time the teams got stacked and I was part of that :p

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Oh, I'm just kidding :) I could step up, but while my tactical ability is good, my skills are not. Plus, my time is limited, and I'm one of those guys who doesn't like to say he'll do something and then not do it.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Hmm, I thought it was the other way around ;) What's the average work week over in Europe nowadays?