floor sound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sternzy

Nov 17, 2004
heyah, I have a few shack's in my map. I'm wondering how to attach the floor creaking sound's I found in the "sounds" folder, to the floor so when I walk on it people can hear foot step's. Anyone got's any idea's?

thx,
Sternzy

DraZtiK

Jan 4, 2003
www.draztik.net
the best answers for your questions are almost always in maps that you can open up and search for your answers.

if you run thru rankin theres some creaking boards and water splashing. remember the spots then open them up and see how its done.

another great place for answers are the dev's site.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/WebHome

anyway, to get you started you'll need to read up on triggers Here .
good luck.

Sternzy

Nov 17, 2004
There is a perfect example on the map "DM-Rankin", it's where theres wood on the floor and everytime the player step's you here the foot-on-wood sound effect. Here's a screenshot of the spot I'm talking about...seem's like it should be pretty easy, but man I can't find information on this anywhere =(.

http://www.creepingdeath.us/images/temp/wood.JPG

Now there's a perfect example...only I don't see any kind of actor or propertie running the sound effect. =(

DraZtiK

Jan 4, 2003
www.draztik.net
I'm confused now...

are you looking for some boards creaking or the default type of sounds you hear when your walking on wood, dirt, snow, metal or whatever type of textures it is?

if its the latter then you need to check out the textures sound properties by opening the texture browser, picking a texture then right clicking on it to pull up the properties...expand the materials, then look at surface type.

Sternzy

Nov 17, 2004
I set the textures propertie's to wood, but it doesnt seem to change the tone of the foots step's when I go in game and try it out. Then when I get back into UnrelED the settings for the textures are back to EST_Default.