A interesting concept...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
An interesting concept...

Hard to put in and be able to make into UTXMP. But I wanted to throw it out since there's a lot of bs posts going on.

Frist, you can select premade classes, gunner/tech/ranger (as we already have).

But if you want to specialize a class:
Base character has - 100 health 100 shield.

A mod that gives you certain points. Say - 20 points.

For each 100 shields you want increased - 5 points.
So for 300 shield you would spend 10 points.(100 base plus 2x 100)

For Tech speed - 5 points
For Ranger speed - 10 points.

Each type of resupply 3 points
Mines 1 point
Conj 1 point
Flame thrower 2 point
Rocket Launcher 7 points
Sniper Rifle 7 points
Shock Lance 1 points
Pistol 2 points
Grenade 1 point
Assault rifle 2 points
Shotgun 7 points
Emp grenade 1 point
Deployables 1 point

So if you wanted to make say...
ranger speed +rocket launcher + health resupply pack = 20 points.

ranger speed + 100 shields + sniper rifle = 22 points - unable to do this.

tech speed + 100 shields + sniper rifle = 17 points - you could do this and maybe add a health supply or a pistol.

Obviously, making a specialized class would not be as good as a premade class, but that's the caveat. You can choose something already made of if you want to make a cleaner class with things you actually want, you can do otherwise. The way I made the points can be adjusted but right now it's so that you can't make a SUPER class.

Etc...
It's a concept that could probably be expanded and made to make the game much more dynamic and fun.

Thanks, btw credit me with the PhatAzz Mod, if you can or decide to do this.

I would like to hold the intellectual property copyright of this idea!!!

Last edited:

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Hey, capital idea man. I´m for that, but I don´t get the point of separate classes. If game concept was like that the armor would be the only visibly difference thing between classes. In your concept classes totally cease to exist. This would be cool, but there´s a risk that people invent some very "cheesy" combination on guns and skills. That might diminish the variation rather than increasing it. But let´s hear some more comments...

PhatAzz

Sep 15, 2004
Well, there would be an advantage of having one of the premade classes as if you added up the point for range it would be something like 26 or something.

PhatAzz

Sep 15, 2004
Of course what will end up happening is someone will find some bs combination and everyone will start to play it. If it was enacted, patches would have be made to end up balancing everything out.

I mean, you could be a ranger speed + rocket launcher + weapon supply and be pretty BS, but you would only have 100 health and 100 shield...

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
A: DO we really want CS-XMP?

B: The combinations would be ridiculous..
Sniper,Rocket/Shotty, health packs, tech speed: own at any range
or
Gas Grenades, ammo pack, deployables, health pack. and whatever: spam to the nth degree.

C: You wouldn't be able to identify what was exactly was attacking you. What pawn belongs with what loadout and why? You would not be able to guage any threat coming at you. Unlike any FPS that's vaguely realistic, the groundspeed of an Unreal pawn is somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90km/s. AT that speed it's hard to see what exactly is coming at you and what they are using. Hence 2k4's weapon balance is designed around that, and XMP has different pawns for each class to compensate. Therefore in XMP, you alter your tactics by the size of the pawn coming at you.

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
Bleeder said:
No, not CS-XMP. CS:S-XMP (the new one with the Half-Life 2 Source engine).

You know, in the past you've talked about several such projects (TribesXMP, CS:S-XMP), but never once have you linked to either a website, forum post, news post, or whatever. I'm starting to think it's all in your head. :rolleyes: