PDA

View Full Version : NEW UnWheel server.

$n][pErMan
21st Nov 2004, 01:59 AM
Most of you already know me or know my server pretty well. Just wanted to send word that I finally got around to updating it to the newest UnWheel version. So have fun and enjoy!!! ;) Also, I dont have the 2 new modes up for voting yet... so if someone could please tell me the WebAdmin info for the modes I need to add it I will do so ASAP. Here is the server info as of now:
"Starlight Computers LLC. UnWheel MSU Arena" IP=204.210.235.119:7777

UltraNew-B
21st Nov 2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks for keeping the server running. :)

Can I ask that you remove UWRC-UrbanCircuitNight from the server. It has a weird error that will not allow it to be played online, and could cause you some headaches. :)

jerdaygo
21st Nov 2004, 09:29 AM
Here is the WebAdmin Info ;)

$n][pErMan
21st Nov 2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the info .... but for whatever unknown reason .. when I try to start the UT2004 server (because it crashed)... it gives me I/O errors in the console and then exits out. I have no idea what the hell thats about so it might be some time before I get it back up and running as I have some other things I need to get done. Plus if its a Hard Drive error (which would be odd as everything else is working) it will take even longer. Gerrr.... hopefully I iwll have it back up late tonight.

$n][pErMan
22nd Nov 2004, 12:16 AM
OK ... the I/O error I believe was a corrupt UnWheel Sound file and I think I fixed it by reinstalling. The sever is back up and I made the changes you all suggested and added the new map modes to vote on too. Let me know how it runs now! :)

jerdaygo
22nd Nov 2004, 12:20 AM
Thanks, thats great, my server sadly will be down for a month, but will be back up in January.

$n][pErMan
22nd Nov 2004, 01:12 AM
I did find a bug tho and will remove the map. But for whatever reason the Kballhotel map shows up under racning too and if you vote it the server spawns bot cars untill it runs out of memory and crashes :lol:

stevenhorton
22nd Nov 2004, 05:01 PM
Yes, the Kballhotel race map is a total mistake. It was uploaded by mistake at midnight before our deadline:P The map isn't a race map.

UltraNew-B
23rd Nov 2004, 10:44 AM
Hey sniper,

I joined your server last night and someone had selected the Centipede truck during a race. Basically wrecking the race (blocking the entire track). :)

I am making a request that you plz remove the Centipede from race mode. This version of UnWheel includes support to disable certain vehicles in particular game modes (through an ini. setting).

Shrimp or Jerdaygo, could you please respond to this thread with instructions on how to do this exactly?

:)

jerdaygo
23rd Nov 2004, 03:23 PM
Hey sniper,

I joined your server last night and someone had selected the Centipede truck during a race. Basically wrecking the race (blocking the entire track). :)

I am making a request that you plz remove the Centipede from race mode. This version of UnWheel includes support to disable certain vehicles in particular game modes (through an ini. setting).

Shrimp or Jerdaygo, could you please respond to this thread with instructions on how to do this exactly?

:)
there should be a line in the ini under each gametype that says DisallowVehicles=, you just need to add the name of the vehicle/vehicles the one you want is UWSCarCentipede to keep the Centipede out of the gametype. This information is also included in the readme.

Taken from readme,
If you would like to disable certain vehicles from specific gametypes for whatever reason, you can do the following for each of UnWheel's gametypes in your server's main .ini file:
[UnWheel.UWGameRace]
DisallowVehicles=UWSCarCentipede;UWSCarPOSCar;UWSCarNassau;UWSCarSemiRace
In the above example for the Race gametype, we have listed a collection of vehicle classes seperated by a semi-colon (';') - this list defines which vehicles a player will not be able to use. You can find a complete list of vehicle classes in the UnWheelSCars.int file.

$n][pErMan
23rd Nov 2004, 05:41 PM
Your requests have been answered ... thanks for letting me know how to do it too! :) Server has been restarted and SHOULD be blocking that car. If its not let me know... I'll test it a little later myself aswell. I also uped the KOTH score and Rabbit score and also took the Kball score down to 3 and 15 minute limit as it can get to be a very long match otherwise. Let me know of any other improvments you wish to see happen!

UltraNew-B
23rd Nov 2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the quick response and your server. The team and community really appreciate it.

Thanks for posting the "how to" jerdaygo. I completely forgot about the readme file (/nueb slaps himself) :p

$n][pErMan
24th Nov 2004, 02:07 AM
Yup .. no problem. I would not even mind giving a few trusted people admin to keep the lamers out and keep the server full. :) As I believe if it was kept full new people who get the game will be more inclinded to keep playing if they see active servers. Also.. im not sure if that race thing to take out the car worked,.. forgot to try it when i was racing earlier .. opps. If someone hops back in before me .. let me know if it did!