Mastering Unreal Level Design - fact or fiction?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
If anyone can remember, there was a level design book being made by Epic. I pre-ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk when I read about it on BU

The estimated delivery date was 4th November \o/

The book is still "awaiting publication" according to the site

What happend to it? any clues? :(

edit:

Should this be in the "mapping section" ?

/me ponders :rolleyes: .... eeek!

Last edited:

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
try googling it, and if you want some nice vids on mapping, try www.3dbuzz.com they gotta lotta VTM's (came with UT2004 DVD edition) and they work well, each one is 10-30 minutes and pretty much cover everything for the complete newbie *points to self* i watched the first 5 i think, i woulda watched more... but ya know, school came around and had to ruin all my free time :mad:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The book is actually from the founder of 3dbuzz.com, Jason Busby.

About the Author

Jason Busby is the founder of 3D Buzz, www.3dbuzz.com, a digital animation consultancy and training firm. Jason is also the Director of Animation for The Renaissance Center in Dickson, TN. He has over 15 years experience in programming and digital animation and is expert in the creation of digital video training.

So you know it's gonna be an awesome book. :tup: