PDA

View Full Version : Strange UT2Vote behaviour using ChaosUT2

utw-Mephisto
20th Nov 2004, 08:13 AM
Hi,

I have a public server where I have ChaosUT2 installed.
I have used the step by step guide in this forum by imaginos, but there seems to be something very strange :

If I vote ChaosUT as Mutator everything is fine. I have the Chaos weapons
in the standard maps etc... But : If I want to switch back to normal game, the NO MUTATOR button is greyed out ....

Even when I chose a different Game type, lets say DM, I only get for example Duel Maps ... Which I cannot even chose .... When I wait until the voting time is expired, THEN it choses a random DM map and everything is back to normal...

Is there anything I have to set somewhere ?

Any help is appreciated ..

ps: I actually also followed Socke´s post already :(

Imaginos
20th Nov 2004, 09:15 AM
Can we the chaos relevant parts of your ut2vote ini?

Also, there is a caution in that thread to watch for extra spaces in the long config lines. This forum has a bug that inserts those spaces. They should NOT be there.

utw-Mephisto
20th Nov 2004, 10:52 AM
Actually I have removed the spaces, but maybe I have missed some ..

The part from my ut2vote47.ini :

RIGHT CLICK - SAVE AS (http://www.ar3s.com/files/ut2vote47_ini.txt)

Don't forget to disable wordwrap ....

Thx....

Imaginos
20th Nov 2004, 12:26 PM
The snippets look ok.. nothing in them that I see would cause the problems.

First q.. Are you using the newest release of Chaos? I haven't tried that one yet and I am not sure if anything has changed.

Next question I would have is did you delete any of the existing game configs from UT2Vote? If so, that's a big no-no. You can add additional gameconfig lines, but not delete or overwrite the existing ones.

utw-Mephisto
20th Nov 2004, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I am using the new release of Chaos (3.6)

And no : I did not have remoe any gametypes .. If I don't need them, I would rather just set them to hide=True .....

sh0V3l
20th Nov 2004, 03:09 PM
im downloading this right now i will post working configs in a while

utw-Mephisto
20th Nov 2004, 03:10 PM
Would be great, thanks a lot ....

sh0V3l
20th Nov 2004, 04:51 PM
i got a bad download so downloading again

sh0V3l
20th Nov 2004, 05:37 PM
ok i found the reason for the odd behavior your running ut2vote47 right ok what i see here is [UT2Vote44.UT2VoteGameTypes] [UT2Vote44.UT2VoteMutators] [UT2Vote44.UT2VotePackages] in the section of ut2vote47.ini
you cannot just rename the ini when updating ,you must make the proper changes in side the ini also.new versions may have new or dropped switches from tme to time so make sure you add and remove them accordingly from version to version even the gametype strings may have changes so look closely at everything lol if this isnt the reason for the problem we will look at this some more np

utw-Mephisto
20th Nov 2004, 05:47 PM
Well .... oops :)

I check later on and let you know ... thanks ...

Imaginos
25th Nov 2004, 12:26 PM
Doh! I'm a little behind. Been down with the flu and still had to work..

Give us an update on how it's working for ya now.

tdw-socke
25th Nov 2004, 06:24 PM
we checked it, and still not working right. the same we've got intern in the esc-key thread.

utw-Mephisto
25th Nov 2004, 07:13 PM
Hi,

I was asked with PM to open a new thread about the small bug regarding UT2Vote and Chaos Duel ..

Are you giving the information to ProAsm or should I open a new thread anyway ?

Anyway, here are the infos I was asked for : (forget the spaces :))

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteGameTypes]
GameType=(GameName="Chaos-Duel",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=1,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="Duel-Arena",MapPrefix="Duel",GameClass="ChaosGames.ChaosDuel",Mutators="ChaosGames.ChaosUT",Commands="MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMust BeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5?SpawnProtection Time=0.000000")

Not really important, but here anyway :

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteMutators]
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Chaos-UT",HideVote=False,MutClassName="ChaosGames.ChaosUT",Voted=False)

hmishima
25th Nov 2004, 10:23 PM
On this already from your thread at Atari. I opened the thread last night after reading your stuff on Atari.

utw-Mephisto
25th Nov 2004, 10:34 PM
I guess I have postet almost on every forum on the internet because of this :)

Only because some people told me that this was working on their server...

I was in contact with several US Clans who told me "You f****ng noob, it is sooo easy :D

Then they invited me to their server as proof .... Well ... I have proofed them wrong :) Just nobody tested it over the first round in Duel :) :)

Would be great if someone could find a solution for the next version of UT2Vote ...

utw-Mephisto
5th Dec 2004, 05:37 AM
Does anybody think there will be a way to fix this ? I think as UT2Vote is replacing the standard voting it'll be quite difficult isn't it ?

ProAsm
5th Dec 2004, 06:52 AM
Just a few pointers here:

In your UT2Vote ini file your have Mutators="ChaosGames.ChaosUT" in all the Chaos game strings.
You then also have the Mutator declared in your [UT2VoteMutators].

Thus should you vote for it, you are actually voting for something that is already there.
If you have it in the [UT2VoteMutators] as a votable Mutator, then you cannot also have it in the Gamestring.

Also you have:
Packages=(MutClassName="ChaosGames.ChaosUT",ServerPackages="ChaosGames,ChaosUT")

ChaosUT is not a package as its only the suffix of the Classname so the Package entry should read:
Packages=(MutClassName="ChaosGames.ChaosUT",ServerPackages="ChaosGames")

So basically what UT2Vote is doing is it sees that ChaosGames.ChaosUT is being loaded by the Chaos Duel game so then regardless of whether its has been voted for or not it will set Voted=False in the [UT2VoteMutators] and it will probably also remove the ServerPackage.

utw-Mephisto
5th Dec 2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks, that makes really sense

Currently unfortunately I don't have ut2vote installed anymore.. (at least not the chaos server)

But I know that Socke has and he has the same issue on his server.

@Socke : I just see that you have also the same "wrong" settings in your ut2vote.ini ...

Maybe you could try to change and try it ... Would be great .. And if you have the time please let me know how it works ...

But I'll check my test server next week anyway

tdw-socke
5th Dec 2004, 04:26 PM
sorry, i don't agree ;)
if i look in the default.ini of cut, there is:
[Engine.GameEngine]
+ServerPackages=ChaosGames
+ServerPackages=ChaosUT

imho the problem is:
+MainMenuClass=ChaosGames.ChaosGUI_MainMenu

afaik this menu-class has to be set clientside and we have no hand on it.

utw-Mephisto
6th Dec 2004, 05:57 AM
Mmm... seems to be quite an impossible / difficult task to get Chaos running in conjunction with UT2Vote :) What a Bummer !