The Buf Unreal version .. what would it be like?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Unreal totally revamped, suited for the hardcore-guru Beyondunreal forumer.
Or anyone crazy enough to enjoy the weird stuff going on especially in OT, you ge the idea ;-)

What would it be like? What would you change?

Describe some levels (or every single one if you're that bored :p..) "Bufified".

Undergone some BUFferic changes!

My take on Nyleve's falls:

It would change into "Nyleve's Poopfalls" :D

Yes, yes, yes.. instead of a nice, beautiful waterfall you'd actually have eh.. Skaarj poop "plunging" down into the depth!

So, where would all the poop go to eventually you ask?

Let's be creative and come up with a sollution!!! ->!

What else could be changed. Let's see. I'll stick to the poop thing.

The brutes would fire poop rockets. BEWARE! The "poop gas" rocket trail can hurt you!

The mantas would drop small poopbombs.

The tentacles would fling hard, 2 weeks old "poopcarrots" at you which would result in you losing at least 20 health.

On Unreal skill 50! :D

So, now it's your turn to talk about a special edition of Unreal.. for the Bufer!

Yes, I know. I'm silly.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
skaarjpix.jpg

little known was the 1986 version of unreal, in full 16 colors

it was a side scroller.

for some reason it didnt sell to well, Tim Sweeney gave some copies away to neighbor kids, this screenshot from a polaroid was laying under a mousetrap in an abandoned home, of course I had to throw the remains away just to access the pic and clean it.

I doubt any copies of the game exist anymore, they were all on 5 1/4 floppies
and may have deteriorated from age.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmmm 0_0 That wasn't the whole idea, Dinwitty. Not sure what to think off that post...

I'll give more examples:

Temple of Vandora -> Temple of Goshen.

Nalis wearing Goshen masks etc...

Stuff like that. Unreal, but suited for the Bufer.
Come on, get in touch with your buf inner child :O)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Now we're getting somewhere ;-)
But there has to be more than Poop. There has to be.

Check out the Toolio flies on Guff Everpooping. Huge flies with Tool's head.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
DigitalPixie said:
yo Neo maybe Asgaard would let you adopt one of his craptors... :D

Hehe :O) Only craptors?

Floating sky toilet lol :O)

Edit: It's a shame, I've never played through Unreal with the bufpack mutator.
(co-op games, that is)

Thing is, I would need a ****load (heh) of monsters :O) Those weapons are eh.. quite effective..

Last edited:

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Gortex Roflers (First Level)

You rise from your bunkbed after napping on your pleasure spacecruise to the E3 convention to the awful realization that you are alone. THEY'RE ALL DEAD. Apparently they watched the inflight movie, the latest installment of the STAR WARS haxadecitrilogy, and all killed themselves. But wait, what's that sound? You descend down the lift to see a forum noob in the drunk tank bragging about his awesome cracks and how he can beat Raffi B 1on1 any day, just make sure they aren't running anti-tcc. Press the button on the computer panel. You are so banned.

Back to upper level, pick up the babelfish translator. The message reads, "Teh 733t $K1LL$ 0WNz j00! 1 @r3 Teh @W3$0M3!!!!" All you can get is leet-speak. Throw it away.

You make your way down a dark crawlspace, which is thickening with stinky green mist. WTF, theres Morety hiding behind a pipe, "letting off steam." Gotta get out of here! Holding your nose, you chase after that growling shape running off ahead!

You drop down into a control room. Monitors flare with the latest political debate threads. DON'T GET INVOLVED! But do read the "Fox reality TV rant!" thread. Then go through the door that leads into the room with the mirrors on the floor. Wowwwwww!!!!! Hey, mirrors on the ceiling, too. Then you realize this is Swarthy Foreskin's bedroom. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING, JUST GET OUT!

You pass the infirmary (unfortunately, the medicine cabinet has already been raided). For some reason, lots of excess blow up doll models from Skin City are lying on the cots. Wierd. You finally come to a Door that will not open, but raised voices can be heard fromthe other side. "nVidia SUCKS!", "No way, man, I switched from ATI and the Geforce drivers are way better!!!", "Only if you're playing Doom 3, but who'd want to play that sh!t you can't see!", "Only cause you're too dumb to raise the brightness!", "HOLY SH!T, WHAT WAS THAT!!???"

The door raises. All is silent. Swarthy has closed the thread.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Metakill said:
You make your way down a dark crawlspace, which is thickening with stinky green mist. WTF, theres Morety hiding behind a pipe, "letting off steam." Gotta get out of here!

Nice post! That was the idea of this thread ;-)

Quoted the best part.

Made me laugh out loud.

Last edited: