Altering vehicles?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Do you guys at FMI have any plans in altering vehicles? Currently the toys aren´t that important part of the game as they should be.
Tank gets beaten against a single soldier and harb is just a piece of ****. Vehicle physics are also curious to say the least: jugg is able to roam up almost any cliff and raptor seem to weight 10 kilos because it jumps few hundred meters on a single jump even with little speed. I don´t get it how turbo kicks any extra speed to airborne raptors...

My opinion is that all vehicles need shields and harb much stronger weaponry. EMP grens shouldn´t blow up the rubber foots, just drain their shields and jam them completely.

BUT MOST OF ALL THE GAME NEEDS A BATTLEZONE-LIKE LEVITATION TANK :):):)

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
.pot.OptimusPrime said:
Tank gets beaten against a single soldier and harb is just a piece of ****.

I like it like that. It stops the vehicals being the focus of the game. I don't want to see something like BF1942, where half you team spends the map waiting round for a vehical to spawn, and then tks each other when it does. :rolleyes:

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
Air7725 said:
we have a mjaor bug in our current build... the harby can actually kill stuff

YAY
HarbyJump.gif

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
yea
raptors can plough into a wall at full boost and take minimal damage
u then tap another wall in a differant raptor and blow up :/
anything to the harby would be an improvement useless for arti runs as it doesn't erm run it just tips and spins all over the place like its on ice

PITZ2030

Feb 1, 2004
You can make the Vehicles more realistic looking ,more details . :D
Better looking Tires for the Raptor .

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
The tipping is remarkably useful. In sunset, if someone is camping on the jugger, drive out in the harby with a friend in the rear turret. Then swing about on the beach, swaying like a drunken idiot, drive quite close and turn around to let your teammate get an extra 900 points :D

ash_ljs

Nov 19, 2004
I quite liked the cardboard vehicles.. climbing up a 80 degree cliff face in the juggernaut is cool :D

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Annoyingly, the raptor is not good at going up steep hills because of its drive. Can't remember whether it was forward or reverse, but one of them is completely impossible. There you go FMI, give the raptor four-wheel-drive!

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
wanna bet i can drive that raptor everywhere i wanna
just takes practice and knowledge of the slopes
get yo driver license first before you actually wanna take the raptor for a ride
:rolleyes:

raptor handling is perfect
it just takes skill

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
well it's good to see that at least some people share my opinion about the raptor, let's use that raptor race map of you phalanx and battle it out ingame.
will be fun :)

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
The Jackal-XMP said:
i can out do you all with any vehicle UTXMP or XMP.! pwned

you also pwn in making turret towers
i never got higher then that one day when we were testing rgb

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Personally I think the harby should always have been outfitted with the raptor grinders on the front of it. Maybe they would only activate at full speed or something. Harbys can go damn fast if you get on a good run. It sucks that when you run over someone with a fast-running Harby, that the player can be simply revived. Bull****! I want to see blood and guts splattering everywhere! No revive possible!