Weapon Reloading

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you miss weapon reloading if it were removed?

• No, realism has no place in a game called "Unreal".

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • OMG NO IT MUST BE EXACTLY LIKE U2XMP OR ELSE NO ONE WILL EVER PLAY IT OMGOMGFOM!!!!!!!!!1111

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • I never live long enough to fire off an entire clip. 0_o

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
Could you more specifiy this: Would that mean Auto-Reload after the Clip is empty or would that mean a 18 Shot Sniper Rifle or a 30 Shot Rocket Launcher oO?
I don t even want to think about ´nade Launchers with no Reload O_O. "No, that yellow Fog is not exactly Distance Fog but you should keep a Distance to it"
Or even something else :)?
Personally i would´nt like both Methods and since there s no "Yes, i would miss it" Choice i ll choose the "OMG!..." Thingy :).

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
weapon reloading should be a "optional" feature ;) (and on by default on top of it :D)

edit: i just realized it was a little vague, so i will help fix it... optional feature as in mutator that just swaps the clip based weapons with the non clip based ones... after all, i know that it would not take very much coding :D

Last edited:

Noremac

Nov 4, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Captain Kewl said:
Just out of curiosity: would you miss weapon reloading if we removed it?

I would miss it a lot. I find the lack of reloading in UT mindless and annoying.

So I guess that means I'm saying "OMG NO IT MUST BE EXACTLY LIKE U2XMP OR ELSE NO ONE WILL EVER PLAY IT OMGOMGFOM!!!!!!!!!1111"? :rolleyes:

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
Since i dont want to choose "OMG BLAH BLAH BLAH" answer and first one is just not right, i choose 3rd.

BTW what does reload mean? It have never happened to me. :D

Hm, actually its interesting to see monkeys asking something. All what we hear nowadays is evil silence ¶:

Last edited:

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
keep it the same
altho for some ****ed reason i get fire delays on alt shotty and nade launcher can ya fix that
fed up of waitin a second to fire alt shotty as the target has moved when i fire

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Reloads, IMO, are an essential part of the XMP experience.

To me, it wouldn't be U2XMP without them.

Mercenary

>ÐË
Nov 11, 2004
i usually just lurk periodically so i will know when UTXMP will come out... but this one is too important.

You have to reload. Otherwise it is pure spam. It would be UT2k4 and everyone knows that the reason we still play XMP is because of UT2k4.

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
If reloading is a problem take it out. If not leave it like it was. I voted for the first option cause reloading has never been in any "unreal" game, until the mods came along like tac ops and strike force with military style weapons. Then reloading came to play. I could play it either way. Its inconveinient for some to reload in the middle of a fight and for others it would be a spam reducer/escape route or a little time to get that extra shot in. Or all the devs could VOTE on it. :)