PDA

View Full Version : UnWheel MSU released!

ProjectX
15th Nov 2004, 02:44 AM
(Basically a copy from the main page)

Hehe.

Just in time for the Make Something Unreal Contest Grand Final, we're pleased to present to you with the latest version of UnWheel. Since this is the last round of the contest, we have decided to name this version, "UnWheel MSU" edition.

Probably the biggest additions to this version would be better control around corners, giving you the abiliy to drift around gracefully, team gametypes make their debut, and the return of turbo.

Downloads are available in two variants, a Windows .exe installer, and a plain .zip for Linux and servers. Both are available from BeyondUnreal FileWorks:

EXE Installer for Windows - 305MB:
http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/unwheel/unwheel_msu.exe
ZIP Archive for servers and Linux - 405MB:
http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/unwheel/unwheel_msu.zip

EDIT: There seems to be a mistake in the link for the zip version (both links point to exe) The fixed link is the one above.

* Note for Linux: Due to something rather odd going on in the .zip file, you may want to extract the archive to a temporary directory and do a "chmod -R 444 /path/to/uw_temp_dir" to give read permissions to all the files. Just unzipping has no read permissions for any users but the owner.

XV-745
15th Nov 2004, 11:18 AM
Glad I had DSL and something else to do for 45 minutes. ;)

(slide control rocks) :tup:

(so do turbo-donuts!!) :clap:

Akbalder
17th Nov 2004, 12:57 PM
Why don't you use Epic mod System ?
I don't like having all the Unwheel gametypes with the normal UT2004 gametypes. You should better do a total conversion.

ProjectX
17th Nov 2004, 03:36 PM
Why don't you use Epic mod System ?
I don't like having all the Unwheel gametypes with the normal UT2004 gametypes. You should better do a total conversion.

Shrimp agrees (finally) with me on this, we're hoping the next version will use the -mod system, if Shrimp remembers :lol: