Did you replace the music of UT2k4 with your own?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
Did you?

Recently substituted the music for the Tokara Forest level with track 04 from the CRPG Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven (which I converted to an .ogg file). Thought it just suited the level beautifully. :)

Anyone likewise got any good music to suggest for any levels?

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Actually the standard ut2k4 music is very bad. UT99 music was 100x better.
Back OT, i play mp3's. (And music on too.)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Cammy said:
Did you?

Recently substituted the music for the Tokara Forest level with track 04 from the CRPG Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven (which I converted to an .ogg file). Thought it just suited the level beautifully. :)

Anyone likewise got any good music to suggest for any levels?

You replaced it?............ Why can't you use the mp3player built in?

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
i usually use the built in .MP3 player, but usually i play with UT2004 music, but other times ill usually play: anti flag, NOFX, rage against the machine, sometimes pink floyd :-D, good ridance, no use for a name, dead kennedys, Rise against... the list goes on :p

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Actually I never knew you could get UT to play your MP3's :shy: (so pointers on that would be appreciated)
I used to play deathmatches with music playing on winamp. Sometimes you can really get into a nice rythm if you have beats in the background.
The thing is (especially for one-on-one's) it can put you at a dissadvantage having music, as you can miss important sounds...
But when I'm fragging for fun - it's DnB all the way.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Almost never play with music on...But I do have a program that lets me load and control winamp from within UT2004 (or any other program): global audio control.
Basically, this program lets you use shortcuts for turning the volume up or down, start, pause, next/previous song, and so on...

Note: site is under construction... here is the latest version that I know of

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
|dub| said:
Actually I never knew you could get UT to play your MP3's (so pointers on that would be appreciated)

F11 is the key bound to the music player. Once you open it you can add files straight to the playlist, shuffle them etc.

I always need music playing, I need a "beat" in there somewhere :)

My top tune right now is Turmion Kätilöt - Teurastaja (well, it's a 1 minute sample of it, the CD hasn't arrived yet). Those of you who've seen the [ANAL] Frag Movie will recognise it as the tune on the soundtrack :)

The following are also UT favourites:
Cubanate - Oxyacetalene
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Nightwish - Nemo
The Alpha Conspiracy - Defend Yourself

dub

Feb 12, 2002
even though that type of music ain't usually my cup of tea - that tune on the [ANAL] clip is quite nice indeed.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
If I'm not in the mood for the music in the map, I just turn it off or load up my own. Try fragging to Bjork sometime!

Qari

Nov 5, 2004
Finland
HuggyBear said:
If I'm not in the mood for the music in the map, I just turn it off or load up my own. Try fragging to Bjork sometime!
I think Björk´s Play Dead is good deathmatch music! (As far as i´m not the dead one.) ;) And also Turmion Kätilöt is awesome choise. And Rammstein.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Selerox said:
My top tune right now is Turmion Kätilöt - Teurastaja (well, it's a 1 minute sample of it, the CD hasn't arrived yet). Those of you who've seen the [ANAL] Frag Movie will recognise it as the tune on the soundtrack :)
Was enough to get me interested also :)

It is strange how the built in player will read MP3 tags but not ogg tags. Too bad it doesnt have FLAC support, I for one would appreciate the quality improvment , speaking of which mp3/ogg seem to be downsampled slightly if played w/ the built in player.
I can never pick anything to listen to bc I can never find a volume I like. It's either too loud and I can't hear any sounds or vice versa. For now I'm just listening to some of my own general ambience.