PDA

View Full Version : Hourences Textures! new DM underway <---

ChaosCrisis
11th Nov 2004, 08:51 PM
for the record!! muhahaha... I personaly like these bad boys!

Twrecks
12th Nov 2004, 02:18 AM
I'm sure he would love your light sourcing aswell :p

ChaosCrisis
12th Nov 2004, 06:54 AM
He will, that is after i add them.. heh

Sarevok
12th Nov 2004, 05:14 PM
I was hoping to have the first released map with Hour's textures :)

ChaosCrisis
12th Nov 2004, 10:14 PM

Not if i can help it :) but maybe :lol:

AMmayhem
12th Nov 2004, 10:17 PM

Work faster!

ChaosCrisis
13th Nov 2004, 09:33 AM
It looks as if i sould have the map ready for testing by monday I believe...

ChaosCrisis
13th Nov 2004, 09:49 AM
If any of you peeps are building anythin with Hourences Tx's post them screens here and share the love...

UArchitect
13th Nov 2004, 10:21 PM
fyi, the textures were made for a soon to be released singleplayer mod, with some dm maps with it, so you be the actual first maps to use them, but you may have the first released maps...or the first released 2k4 map to use them :P the first released map of decent quality however is an entirely different situation ;)

teamphalanx site has a link on the side ready, so more info about the mod in the futurei guess :P

ChaosCrisis
14th Nov 2004, 10:03 AM
fyi, the textures were made for a soon to be released singleplayer mod, with some dm maps with it, so you be the actual first maps to use them, but you may have the first released maps...or the first released 2k4 map to use them :P the first released map of decent quality however is an entirely different situation ;)

teamphalanx site has a link on the side ready, so more info about the mod in the futurei guess :P

Frieza
14th Nov 2004, 10:22 AM
My map that I will release tomorrow (hopefully) will beat everyone! Muhahahaha
look in the showcase section if you want to find it :p

Btw, why is this in playtesting? There's nothing to play or is there?

Hourences
14th Nov 2004, 10:57 AM
nice use of my garage sewer cover thing on the floor :P
good luck with map

ChaosCrisis
14th Nov 2004, 12:40 PM
nice use of my garage sewer cover thing on the floor :P
good luck with map

Thanks^2 :D

ChaosCrisis
15th Nov 2004, 09:23 AM
Good Morning to all you EST Peoples :rolleyes:

check out the latest...

Frieza
15th Nov 2004, 10:22 AM
Alrighty, my map utilizing HOurs tetures has been submitted and claimed.

Your map doesn't look half-bad btw

ChromeBallz
15th Nov 2004, 10:12 PM
My level won't be done for another year or so..... But i'm having a go at it.

It uses Hour's textures, although i'm still at a very early stage.

I'm playing around with the lighting atm, the brushwork is also far from finished - and that's just the middle area of this CTF level.

darth_weasel
16th Nov 2004, 06:44 AM
there have already been a few maps by me, UArchitect, mr prophet, hourences himself etc using the beta version of the textures, so you wont be the first =p

ChaosCrisis
16th Nov 2004, 07:30 AM
there have already been a few maps by me, UArchitect, mr prophet, hourences himself etc using the beta version of the textures, so you wont be the first =p

I figured that, but anyway my map is gonna be better ;)

ChaosCrisis
16th Nov 2004, 07:35 AM
My level won't be done for another year or so..... But i'm having a go at it.

It uses Hour's textures, although i'm still at a very early stage.

I'm playing around with the lighting atm, the brushwork is also far from finished - and that's just the middle area of this CTF level.

Looks good, reminds me of a the quake III arch from the screens... more time put in, better the map :) :2thumb:

ChaosCrisis
16th Nov 2004, 10:39 AM
here the first bata,

In order to play test this map you will need the following files

HourIndusX_UT texture which can be downloaded from the following link

The lighting isnt even started yet
Bot pathing is limited for testing
weapons are limited for testing

What im looking for is comments concerning the layout and flow of the Arch,
as well as additional comments on improvments that can be made to the design.

thanks and enjoy

ajschiavoni

click me (http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/nalicity/utother/hourindusx_ut.zip)

Sarevok
16th Nov 2004, 11:25 AM
man there's gonna be like 10 Hour DM maps released in the next couple of months :P
the layout isn't bad so far CC, it's hard to get a feel for it since the map isn't complete, so hard to comment on the flow
one thing I would change is the size of the loose floor tiles, maybe scale them down a half

ChaosCrisis
16th Nov 2004, 12:59 PM
man there's gonna be like 10 Hour DM maps released in the next couple of months :P
the layout isn't bad so far CC, it's hard to get a feel for it since the map isn't complete, so hard to comment on the flow
one thing I would change is the size of the loose floor tiles, maybe scale them down a half

Doh, good idea .. Ill change the whole floor to 0.5 and adjust the brushes...
I was thinking making duct work that was connected through out the facility. My plans have it but im not sure how it work out with the 3rd floor. The third floor is planed to be open and as if the roof was blown off, with pipes and metal scappered everywhere but I want to do that so it doesn't slow the flow :lol:

also i want add good camping places, as well as other features so gamers would find something that they would all like...

Bot_40
17th Nov 2004, 11:04 AM
I would suggest moving the textures you use to MyLevel, then people don't have to download a 55Mb file in order to play (which I doubt 99% of people want to do)