Make a Timesplitters mod, modmakers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
You know what everyone. Someone should make a Timesplitters mod for this. If anyone here has played Timesplitters 2, they know it rocks. Awesome weapons. Just that i want someone to make a mod that is as close to timesplitters as possible.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
well, i have it for gamecube, but i don't think it is a comp game. I just think someone should at least make some weapons that are close to the ones in Timesplitters. Skins would be nice, too.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
It needs to be a class based realism mod to gain any interest.
Everyone knows that realism mods pwn and they're truly the embodiment of r0wx0rz

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I'd actually LOVE to see a weapons mod akin to Timesplitters and I'd also LOVE to have a mod with "realistic weapons" that WASN'T a class-based team mod.
AgentX rocked in it's day for UT and was nothing but a weapons mod based off of the GoldenEye weapons. The only mod we have today with good realistic and somewhat balanced weapons is the Remote Strike mod.

The thing is today people who release "real weapons" don't balance them and make gameplay crappy. They also don't mix well with normal weapons. (Such as the insta-gib benelli shotgun and MP5 pieces o' sh!t you find on certain servers)

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
TS2 was a good console game, but that just shows how far console FPS's are behind PC games. I don't think there's a lot of elements from TS2 that could really add to gameplay, in fact, I'm having hard time imagining a TS2 mod that didn't take the game backwards.

Just about the only thing that really sticks out about TS compaired to PC games is the mix of "sci-fi" and "realistic" weapons. Unfortunately, the "realistic" weapons were nothing more than a slew of generic unrealistic bullet-hose machinegun clones, and the sci-fi weapons were all just cheap knock-offs of weapons from Quake, Unreal, and Halo.

There really isn't anything else from TS worth bringing into UT. The aiming system sucks and wouldn't work in a PC game, and you can't even jump. The variety of gametypes was nice, but wouldn't really offer anything new to UT, which allready has a ton of modes. Great console FPS's don't really translate into great PC FPS's.

MasterOfPoppets

Pesky Little Trites
Apr 9, 2004
England
the sci-fi weapons were all just cheap knock-offs of weapons from Quake, Unreal, and Halo.

wtf? The original Timesplitters came out just after the initial PS2 release, so if anything, the weapons in Halo are just cheap rip-offs to the ones from Timesplitters :p

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
MasterOfPoppets said:
wtf? The original Timesplitters came out just after the initial PS2 release, so if anything, the weapons in Halo are just cheap rip-offs to the ones from Timesplitters :p
I was talking about TS2, not TS1. You can't look at that plasma rifle, complete with overheating, fire rate acceleration, and stun effect, plus sticky plasma grenade alt fire, and not tell me that thing isn't based on Halo.