Your favorite WW1 weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I've always loved Mausers. I don't know why, I am not too sure if they were common in WWI either, although my guess is they were. There was also this piece of russian mechanic brilliance, which name I forgot.

edit:
Mosin-nagant. But again here I am not sure if they were common in WWI. I do know that both rifles existed before WWI, I am also pretty damned sure that there are atleast a dozen variants for both, spread out over half a century.

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Rostam said:
I've always loved Mausers. I don't know why, I am not too sure if they were common in WWI either, although my guess is they were. There was also this piece of russian mechanic brilliance, which name I forgot.

edit:
Mosin-nagant. But again here I am not sure if they were common in WWI. I do know that both rifles existed before WWI, I am also pretty damned sure that there are atleast a dozen variants for both, spread out over half a century.
Ah! The Mosin-Nagant! For some reason, I had completely forgot about this amazing Russian/Belgian rifle. Yes, it was used produced widely by Remington and Westinghouse during WW1.

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Vega-don said:
i find that thread shocking. picking a favorite weapon out of a real war.
especially WW1 , wich was hell on earth in the trenches

I'm sorry was there a war that wasn't hell? And when we pick our favourite weapon out of a game?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
what about mustard gas ?
Now that was a cool weapon ... ;)

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
My favorite infantry weapon from that era would be the Enfield SMLE ... I'd take the 10 rounds of .303 over the 5 rounds of 7x57mm (although I actualy own a Mauser :p)

I want to pick up a nice Longbranch (which is more of a WWII rifle) someday, but my next bolt action battle rifle will probably be a Mosin Nagant M44 ... mostly because you can get one in very good shape for $50 (and 7.62x54R is cheap and easy to find).

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
what about 'Big Bertha' ? or whatever those gigantic guns on train-tracks(?) were called ?

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
The only WWI weapons I've fired are the M1919A1 machine gun and the Colt m1911 pistol . I guess the M1919 was more fun. Everyone and their mom has fired a .45.

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
Okay. For real?

M1918 BAR. You want ONE absolutely, unargueably man portable ass kicking weapon of WW1? BAR.

Hmm. Maybe I'll post pics . Yay. There's a 1911, someone is working on a Garand, so why not a BAR for Infil!? (Just kidding, really.)