New BU Poll: Favorite FileWorks Mirror

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Congratulations to Tool for winning our last poll. He'll be receiving a gift for being a good sport about it, as soon as I get off my lazy butt...

Our new poll is to find out which BeyondUnreal FileWorks mirror you like to use most of the time. If you have comments on our mirrors either good or bad, take a moment after voting to leave a comment here. Our goal is to provide the best free service that we can, with the help and support of our hosting and mirroring partners. Your comments are necessary and appreciated!

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Edome is my favotite, always have been. :) It gives me the max. download speed I can have. Then there is this Talon mirror, also very good and fast.
I've tried the others too, and in fact they're all good, but Edome will still be my favorite and seeing from the poll results so far, it's everyone's favorite.. well for most of the people then. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NZ boi

Jetstream Games is by far the best mirror for me (and anyone else in New Zealand)..... because although I only have a 265k ADSL connection, my ISP allows me to have full 8Mps access to all of the Jetstream servers in New Zealand, for free!! :D Woooo!!

Only problem is that server sometimes doesnt update files until a couple days, so I occasionally have to use one of the other servers, which are all pretty good, and download at normal speed. But for my connection, Jetstream is by far the fastest...

QuickBeam

612 Wharf Ave...
Aug 31, 2004
612 Wharf Ave...
E-dome for me...even though im on the West coast(USA), it always connects(95%)and d/l speeds are adequate for my dsl line.
Still its nice to have 5 other choices....KUDOS 2 BEYOND UNREAL DOWNLOAD SERVER PPL...ALL OF YOU!

ENDLINE__________________________________________________________________

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I use what's closest geographically mostly - so: Gameservers, but e-dome and talon are also both very reliable for me.

:notworthy: BU - as someone who gets this service for absolutely nothing - renewed kudos for putting time into this! :notworthy: I am so glad I don't have to go through GSI.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
FactoryUnreal all the way! Seeing that I'm in Virginia and the server's in Pennsylvania, I can get 550-600 KB/sec downloads every single time. \o/ It occasionally takes a bit for my file to be served up (20-30 seconds tops), I guess because of other people ahead of me, but the download speed once it gets going is always worth the short wait. eDome only goes about 100-120 KB/sec for me, but being at the top of the list, it is probably naturally chosen the most. That's probably why it pleases so many people with DSL or cable connections, because it goes about as fast as they can go, so there's no need for them to pick another. My least favorite, by far, is FileFront, but only because I'm lazy and don't feel like navigating through the extra stuff to get to my file. :D

In any case, having all those choices (without lines!!) is great! Keep up the awesome work!

IstenSerpenyoje

Certified Life-Sucking Vortex
Jun 5, 2004
I have to say that I am a great fan of Factory Unreal, although it sometimes doesn't connect. Thusly, I'm an eDome user.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
FactoryUnreal for me, I can get over 1MBps (that's a capital B) on almost every download, provided it lasts long enough to spool up to maximum speed. Before the FactoryUnreal mirror was up I always used eDome though, it still gives me great speeds even with the large geographical distance.

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
Birelli said:
FactoryUnreal for me, I can get over 1MBps (that's a capital B) on almost every download, provided it lasts long enough to spool up to maximum speed. Before the FactoryUnreal mirror was up I always used eDome though, it still gives me great speeds even with the large geographical distance.

*** Bazzi slaps Birelli around a bit with a large <°)))><

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I use Factoryunreal. Takes a little bit of doing to connect, but once it does, its the fastest server on BU for me.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm thinking there's an issue with how we connect to the FactoryUnreal mirror with FileWorks, as there really shouldn't be a delay (and I see it too).

Maybe Rappie can take a look at TEH COAD to see if there's a problem.

Everyone: thanks for your comments!

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed that sometimes FU takes a little coaxing to get a connection. But once it does, hoo-boy, look out! Dubs sure has a hot pipe on that thing. :D
If I cant get Factory working though, I usually switch over to FileFront. It takes a couple clicks sure, but usually its a better alternative than trying overseas. Those always seem to be tied up with all our Euro and Aussie fans on release nights anyways. :(

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Definitely Factory UNReal for me, by far the fastest download speeds. Something with being on the East Coast, I guess, though yes there is that occasional 10-20 second pause before the download window opens. It's still worth it though :)

Big ups to BU and FileWorks though! \o/

Latent Image

Bring the rain!
Jun 3, 2001
Zer0's Anus
It seems here in AUS jetstream sucks, 90% of the time I get an error because it cant find the file, and honestly I get a better speed from Factory Unreal.

Beyond 1337
Oct 28, 2004
FactoryUnreal. I haven't noticed a connection problem, maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
eDome for me! It has always been the fastest and continues to be. Although, I'll download from FactoryUnreal now and then to see how it's doing.