New Pcitures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
I like the new emp nade effects.

The arts look pretty cool to.

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
I notice the HUD is turned off. I guess they don't want the resaulting spamage about it :lol:

I like the look of xmp-aftermath. Looks like a fun one to defend. Nice to see a gunner friendly map :)

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
even i have noticed those new pics, and from what i see they are nice, but i wonder what is goin to happen with the display of the vehicle health over the top of the vehicle, because even though that is nice, it does tend to some issues ;)

communist

Mar 19, 2002
Vandenberg Airbase
Visit site
Yay :tup:
I would prefer a more realistic emp effect instead of flashy bubbles but that should do it too :)
Also that dead tech looks like rag-dolled or is that just me ? I thought Karma was out / reviving was in ?!

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Dandeloreon1984 said:
even i have noticed those new pics, and from what i see they are nice, but i wonder what is goin to happen with the display of the vehicle health over the top of the vehicle, because even though that is nice, it does tend to some issues ;)

Like what?

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
easy issues, like more exact knowledge on the health of a raptor before someone enters it... that type of issue... and also people making raptors have as little health as posible... it could be called tactics, but i'd say a good gunner can always deal with vehicles.

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Dandeloreon1984 said:
easy issues, like more exact knowledge on the health of a raptor before someone enters it... that type of issue... and also people making raptors have as little health as posible... it could be called tactics, but i'd say a good gunner can always deal with vehicles.

Whats the big deal about knowing the health, and furthermore, how is it that much different from what we have now?

You can tell from the flaming vehicle if its at or below 30%, so people already know whether or not the vehicle is about to go. I'm pretty sure the guy who's IN a vehicle is going to know how much health it has, and besides, people already leave flaming vehicles off in far off places and such. It's not exactly new.

Astmatik

ONE DAY \o/
Jan 9, 2004
Poland
communist said:
Yay :tup:
I would prefer a more realistic emp effect instead of flashy bubbles ..

Yeah me too. It needs some sparkles or kind of electrification effect. Now It looks more like a shock combo from ut2k4
:(

To end with some positives I've got to admit that XMP-Aftermath looks smashing :eek:
:clap:

Last edited:

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
As a gunner, I will generally weaken all vehicles a to almost getting fire on them -> making them traps. If you actually display health of the vehicle above it, obviously there's no point in using this tactic. Almost everyone who knows how to play a good defense will do this.

I would hope that you do not have the health of the vehicle displayed above it. The fire effect should be good enough.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
flack ho said:
pah
*lazertripmine traps* ;D

Well, imagine hitting a raptor once with a rocket and putting in only 1 laser tripmine instead of 2.

Imagine hitting a jug with 3 rockets and putting down 2 tripmines instead of 4...

Etc

PLEASE do not display health over the vehicles.