PDA

View Full Version : How do i make a Weapon from scratch ??

Balrog
2nd Nov 2004, 05:20 PM
I have my 3d model..but what am i supposed to do .. i dont have a clue what to do next or what to code next.

I guess i have to make a new class that extends from Weapon... but what else i have to do to have a weapon with my Pawn ???.

StormSeed
19th Jan 2005, 05:34 AM
Creating a weapon requires several classes that are interconnected using their default properties.

You will need a class derived from Weapon, as you said, but also one or two firing mode classes, an ammo class, a pickup class and a 3rd-person-view class, at least.

Maybe some projectile classes, and special effect classes and decals and stuff.

Just look at any of the other weapons, preferably some with behaviours that correspond partially with your weapon's behaviour.

StormSeed
19th Jan 2005, 05:35 AM
Oops, I thought this was an Unreal-Editing forum. Sorry.

Kog199
26th May 2005, 07:27 AM
how would u get a made weapon , look at its unreal script and learn from it? thats what im trying to do kinda, i aint gonna steal anyone elses work, but i want to learn what all i need to do to make my weapon, which im making a sword, looks like a real sword but its primary lets u duel, secondary lets u use it like the halo 2 sword

sounds kewl to me..... but how do u get someones weapon and look at their code? im veryyy new to unreal script
been trying to find some unreal script tutorials... :(

found a couple but some i know already teaches for loops and real basic stuff for me already.... i want to know how to do weapon stuff in unreal script... :D

all help appreciated......

smart_n00b
31st Jul 2005, 11:30 PM
Sme your sword model i should be able to do of this for you.