Fav CTF map for offence and defense!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
What's your favorite CTF map for offence and defence? I hope you look at this question differently than the same old "What's your favorite map" question.

(Awaits flames...)

Here's mine:

Defence: Orbital For some reason, I feel very competent playing defence on this map and can get in the top 3 without any flag captures on my behalf. Maybe it's the large flag room with lots of barriers.

Offence: LavaGiant I make use of all paths to the enemy base, keeping the enemy guessing. I'm probably only an average flag capturer on this map, but it is most enjoyable. My favotite tactic is to hose the enemy base down, from the outside, with the biorifle.

------------------
I don't like the drugs but the drung like me...

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Defense - Coret. It's never a sure thing, and the waiting is nerve wracking. Face defense is fun, as well as LavaGiant. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Offense - November. On either side, I love going in, taking everyone out and having my teammates on the sub cover my äss as I run out the base. Or, I can be doing the covering - either way, I'm happy.

bullet2.gif

Map Reviewer for Capture

B

BloW__Smoke

Well, i'm new to CTF, played a few, like to stand on defense, Hehe, seeing the opponent run for the flag, and frag him, knowing someone is pissed off a bit becourse he had such a long walk, almost there, and nope, no flag, but me and my arsenal of mass destruction /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

But i like allmost every map, but the fun depends of how much players are in.
A small map with 16 players sucks, and a big map with 2 players isn't fun either

bullet2.gif

World Peace thrue Cyber-violence......

So FRAG ON !!!!!!!!!!

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Defense: November on the blue team. You've got the rocket launcher(respawning ammo), armor(powershield or flak vest), and a super health...What more do you need?!

Offense: I like Command on either team. There's plenty of powerups along the way, and with the Bio Rifle you can cover your tracks fairly easily.

bullet2.gif

All your weapons and your powershield are useless against my translocator....

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Defense:Lava Giant. I like open maps, as most of the indoor ones turn into slideshows on my 'chine with 20 players or more. Gotta have room to maneuver, and the open space and many paths allow for you to chase down and kill the flag runner if he makes it out of your base.

Offense: Lava Giant /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Open space makes for plenty of room for circle-dodge combos and strafe-jump attacks with RL's, so it's pretty good for offense too.

Then there are so many different assault possibilities. This is where the map really shines. Its large size makes rapid-flag-caps nearly impossible, but this is a great challenge. Teamwork and quick thinking really pay off well here.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"
PuF: Bring on the pain!