a bizarre NIC problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Acyd

Nov 9, 2002
NJ, USA
Visit site
When I go to play UT online, i can connect to a server, play for a minute or 2, then the connection starts to degrade rapidly: more lag, a speed-hack detected-ish kind of being stuck for a moment, and then i get connection lost. when i quit out of UT i find that i can't connect to the internet or anything- i have to restart in order to get the NIC working again. The it happens again after I restart. There is no change according to device manager, I don't know why this is happening. any ideas?

Acyd

Nov 9, 2002
NJ, USA
Visit site
I did a virus scan as well as a registry check, everything came back OK. Now it seems that my NIC is just working intermittently for no reason. I reinstalled the driver, which is the most up to date one..*grumble* any more ideas? I guess now i will try to uninstall/reinstall device...

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
How did a spyware scan work out? these are programs that hide themselves on your computer and try to use your internet connection. Programs like ad-aware get rid of these programs