little games?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/
Armagetron is, by far, the best Tron Light Cycles clone I have ever played, and that includes the Tron 2.0 cycles. Like in Tron 2.0, riding directly against a wall gives you a big speed boost. The controls are extremely precise, and you'll be surprised at how many times you're able to pull off incredible dodge moves when someone tries to cut you off. It supports a variety of split-screen setups as well as LAN/Internet support (along with singleplayer AI), and the netcode is plenty good enough for such a twitch-reliant game. I just played with 5 other racers and in ten rounds, only one of my deaths was blamable on lag.

It's excellent; one of the best freeware games I've ever played.

edit: http://chriscoyne.com/games/slime.php
Smile Volleyball 2004. This game will kick your ass. Seriously, you already lost.

edit2: HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WON! I WON! I FINALLY FUCKING WON!!!!!!!!!! CHOKE ON THAT, GREEN SLIME!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Keganator said:
Where's the screenshot proving it, Nathan? :p
Suck it :p

edit: PS: It's my victory code; get your own :D
edit2: I've got the green fucker's number now. I've beaten him three times in a row, most recently on five unanswered points :rockon:

Attachments

• 9.gif
    9.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
TheShiningWizard said:
http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/
Armagetron is, by far, the best Tron Light Cycles clone I have ever played, and that includes the Tron 2.0 cycles. Like in Tron 2.0, riding directly against a wall gives you a big speed boost. The controls are extremely precise, and you'll be surprised at how many times you're able to pull off incredible dodge moves when someone tries to cut you off. It supports a variety of split-screen setups as well as LAN/Internet support (along with singleplayer AI), and the netcode is plenty good enough for such a twitch-reliant game. I just played with 5 other racers and in ten rounds, only one of my deaths was blamable on lag.

It's excellent; one of the best freeware games I've ever played.

The camera control on that game is awful. Nearly every other tron clone is less painful to control than that one.

TheShiningWizard said:
edit: http://chriscoyne.com/games/slime.php
Smile Volleyball 2004. This game will kick your ass. Seriously, you already lost.

I played for 8 minutes before closing it, that stupid green thing doesn't want to lose! :lol:

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Heh, not four hours straight, but I've had the game opened its own little window for the past few days, and I just unshrink it every now and then to play a few rounds.

Derelan: The default camera isn't very good, but if you spend some time configuring its controls and selecting, say, the External or Custom camera mode. I use ASD for steering and braking and the numpad for my camera controls.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Burger said:
Soldat

Go to download.com and search it.
Why didnt i think of soldat? Thats a perfect game! Unfortunately, I dont think it runs windowed, and i need it to, because i intend to play these games during class.

Some more suggestions:
Icy Tower
Tiger's Bane
DX Ball

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I'm pretty sure you can't.

Anyway, I don't know. Soldat outlived its welcome pretty quickly for me. It's too inflexible and too frustrating without any of the polish or style of N. Now, N with guns, well, that might cause a collapse of the known universe with an awesome black hole right in the middle.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
soldat does run windowed. you just have to edit the file soldat.ini and change fullscreen1 to fullscreen0 ('1' enables fullscreen, '0' disables it)

There are the yetisports games too. I think they are up to Yetisports 7 now!

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Arethusa said:
I'm pretty sure you can't.

Anyway, I don't know. Soldat outlived its welcome pretty quickly for me. It's too inflexible and too frustrating without any of the polish or style of N. Now, N with guns, well, that might cause a collapse of the known universe with an awesome black hole right in the middle.
Except N requires a 2.4ghz CPU to run without lag.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Yeah, well, flash was never the brightest choice. I honestly don't know what they were thinking.