Can't load map - Ued2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SiLeNt_NiGhT

Oct 24, 2004
Hey all,

Got a problem. I'm refurbishing an old map and I just recently tried to add a new objective item to the Inventory list. I accidentally created it with 'MyPackage' instead of 'MyLevel'. When I built and saved, then tried to test outside the editor, it doesn't recognize the URL or something..., also, UED2 can no longer call up the map. IOW, nothing appears in the editor when I try to open the map now. It's like it's gone.
I've checked the file and it says its 5 MB's so I know it's still there.
Anyone have any ideas how I can rescue it?
Thanks.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I recently had a problem with this. I had made a big huge level (huge file-size wise, not level-size wise), then deleted some external packages associated with it. So anyways...

My Assumptions:
1) The package "MyPackage" that you created was saved externally, instead of internally as intended with "MyLevel"
2) You deleted the package "MyPackage", and subsequently the level refuses to load again.

Assuming that my assumptions are correct (heh...), what you need to do is determine what packages are missing, and recreate them with any textures, sounds, code, etc. that was in them.

You can do this by recreating the package in UnrealEd, saving it as "MyPackage" with the proper extension, and then loading the level.

You can find a package viewing tool at:
http://www.acordero.org/projects/utpt/

It might take a little to learn how to use, but its worth all the effort you've put into the map.