PDA

View Full Version : Should people stop whining about the HUD?

Sir_Brizz
20th Oct 2004, 09:20 AM
VOTE! Do you think people should just shut up about the HUD and wait until they've played with it for a while?

[DF]phalanx
20th Oct 2004, 09:35 AM
yes they should

.Bastardo.
20th Oct 2004, 09:44 AM
yawn :o

Xaero
20th Oct 2004, 10:21 AM
Should people stop whining about the HUD?

For the love of Monkeys, yes.

schizophrenia
20th Oct 2004, 10:48 AM
no one whinning. Whats makes a successful mod is the mod team listens to the community dildo.

CaSCaDe
20th Oct 2004, 11:13 AM
well the community thing is kind of an exeption here... not much mods already have a community before they even start....

Sir_Brizz
20th Oct 2004, 11:35 AM
no one whinning. Whats makes a successful mod is the mod team listens to the community dildo.
hmm...11-1, you=outvoted. Besides, if Epic ONLY listened to the community we would have a game with ultra powerful hitscan weapons that do 999 damage per shot, 12 shots per second rounds, and we would all have god mode enabled.

I have an idea, let's gayify a game before it's even released by whining about screenshots!!! That CAR in the screenshots looks just like the Unreal 2 one! FIX IT! MAKE IT DO 999 DAMAGE PER SHOT!!!!!!

W0RF
20th Oct 2004, 11:38 AM
Free monkey.

schizophrenia
20th Oct 2004, 11:48 AM
hmm...11-1, you=outvoted. Besides, if Epic ONLY listened to the community we would have a game with ultra powerful hitscan weapons that do 999 damage per shot, 12 shots per second rounds, and we would all have god mode enabled.

I have an idea, let's gayify a game before it's even released by whining about screenshots!!! That CAR in the screenshots looks just like the Unreal 2 one! FIX IT! MAKE IT DO 999 DAMAGE PER SHOT!!!!!!

You sir are an idiot. You cant listen to eveyone has to say as a developer. People in the community always shares a legit request that makes sense. People just asking a much better looking HUD. I mean wtf that doesnt change the physics of the gameplay. Nobody wants an ugly HUD to their favorite game.

Also i never seen anyone ask just outrageous request such as the example you just made.

CaSCaDe
20th Oct 2004, 11:51 AM
weve been over the hud thing a thousant times already, just hold your horses and wait for the final thing....

Xaero
20th Oct 2004, 12:36 PM
I respect Brizz a hell of a lot more than most of the xmp people around. I've given up reading any of the HUD threads simply for the fact its the same crap over again stated by the same people. Just leave the dead horse alone!

Sir_Brizz
20th Oct 2004, 12:48 PM
You sir are an idiot. You cant listen to eveyone has to say as a developer. People in the community always shares a legit request that makes sense. People just asking a much better looking HUD. I mean wtf that doesnt change the physics of the gameplay. Nobody wants an ugly HUD to their favorite game.

Also i never seen anyone ask just outrageous request such as the example you just made.
It's called exaggeration/sarcasm. But the truth is people "want" a n00b game where they can always win as versus a skill game where they get womped by the "upper class" every time.

But since this has to do with the HUd, I'll tell you a secret.

3 MONTHS AFTER UTXMP COMES OUT YOU WON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE HUD!!

[DF]phalanx
20th Oct 2004, 12:52 PM
indeed
so stfu about it
or learn to make one urself

Apathy
20th Oct 2004, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Sir_Brizz]It's called exaggeration/sarcasm. But the truth is people "want" a n00b game where they can always win as versus a skill game where they get womped by the "upper class" every time.

So noted...

NRK
20th Oct 2004, 04:03 PM
Community just cant stop talking. You dont either, thats why you started this thread.

schizophrenia
20th Oct 2004, 04:27 PM
It's called exaggeration/sarcasm. But the truth is people "want" a n00b game where they can always win as versus a skill game where they get womped by the "upper class" every time.

But since this has to do with the HUd, I'll tell you a secret.

3 MONTHS AFTER UTXMP COMES OUT YOU WON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE HUD!!

nah i will still care.

schizophrenia
20th Oct 2004, 04:31 PM
Also i cannot with stand people whinning about people whinning about talking and suggest or making new topics. Everytime i new thread opens people wanna lock it or tell everyone to stfu. That what this place is made for. Like you guys go to a social party but dont wanna talk to no one. Or going to a debate without debating.

Sir_Brizz
20th Oct 2004, 04:37 PM
There is a big difference between whining and "discussing".

Exhibit A: Whining: "THAT HUD SUXXORZ MY BALLZORZ!!!!! CHANGE IT OR I DIEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR MOD WILT SUXXORZ ON DONKEEEZ BALLZORZ!!!!!!!!" "THAT HUD NO LOOK LIKE XMP HUD!!!!! YOUR MOD SUXXORZ RANDY BALLZORZ!!! YOU ALLLDIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

Exhibit B: Discussion: "The HUD doesn't look so good, but I'll reserve judgement until the game is done" "The HUD would be better if X, Y, Z."

Every thread so far in these forums (especially concerning the HUD specifically) has been 95% A, 5% B. Free Monkey. Quit Complaining.

GotBeer?
20th Oct 2004, 04:37 PM
Apathy's avatar reminds me of how long we've also been waiting for Half-Life 2...

SwiftPaladin
20th Oct 2004, 06:17 PM
Exhibit B: Discussion: "The HUD doesn't look so good, but I'll reserve judgement until the game is done" "The HUD would be better if X, Y, Z."
uh, saying it doesn't look good isn't passing judgement?
btw, nice unbiased options in the "poll", which inevitably, by opening a new thread from your own standpoint, furthers even more whining (by both sides, as it has been the case from the beginning)

oh, the irony! :lol:

Sir_Brizz
20th Oct 2004, 06:51 PM
uh, saying it doesn't look good isn't passing judgement?
btw, nice unbiased options in the "poll", which inevitably, by opening a new thread from your own standpoint, furthers even more whining (by both sides, as it has been the case from the beginning)

oh, the irony! :lol:
Someone that says that isn't passing FINAL judgement until they can experience it personally.

However,"HUD NO GOOD YOU ALL SUCK" is not reserving any judgement or being constructive, hence why people just need to stfu.

Skaxis
20th Oct 2004, 09:08 PM
I think it looks cool... who knows... it might be oneday possible to download a HUD Pack :-P or even a HUD editor lol.... wait... this might exist and I should now STFU lol...

Besides... you can change the size of HUD in 2k4 anyhoo.... uh... I am not adding am I?

How about little leds? and pseudo digital readout like from a Texas Instruments early days calculator?! that would be the Shizznit... LOL

I can only say.. with all sincerity...

Where the hell is this game?! ahahahaa..... I am SO drooling in anticipation :-P

Carbide
20th Oct 2004, 10:09 PM
Why can't there be a selection of HUDs in the options menu? If you didn't like the tribal then switch to classic or revised.

washuu
20th Oct 2004, 10:14 PM
Should there even be a post about this? no.... should a moderator have deleted post threads for the good of the game? yes.

Sir_Brizz
20th Oct 2004, 10:37 PM
The HUD threads keep getting bumped with someone's "opinion" that was already stated probably 5 billion times already in the thread.

Dragon_Myr
20th Oct 2004, 11:45 PM
Apathy's avatar reminds me of how long we've also been waiting for Half-Life 2...I found a UTXMP one out there through google!!!1!1!! :B :p

Jackal
21st Oct 2004, 12:17 AM
the mod team listens to the community dildo.

So that's where they get there information from? The Community Dildo.

TseTse
21st Oct 2004, 02:44 AM

correct.

anybody who calls those who rightfully criticized the hud posted on various websites... "whiners" is really the whiner and isnt helping the devs much.

oddly, folks being overly defensive about something very BAD QUALITY... making new threads like this... and continuing to make this a huge drama... are the ones who might need to relax.

the hud sucked.

they either listen to common sense and all the constructive comments, or well... expect worse when released.

iddQd
21st Oct 2004, 07:52 AM
Yarr.

Maxx
21st Oct 2004, 10:38 AM
A Community Dildo? Isn't that unsanitary? How do they get information from it? I want to know these things.

Gumby
21st Oct 2004, 10:59 AM
"Affirmative"

Ok do you moan at the hud in a new game that you just purchaced, or do you play and deal with it... No :p

I have come to the opinion that the shame applies here... ;)

Sir_Brizz
21st Oct 2004, 11:09 AM
correct.

anybody who calls those who rightfully criticized the hud posted on various websites... "whiners" is really the whiner and isnt helping the devs much.

oddly, folks being overly defensive about something very BAD QUALITY... making new threads like this... and continuing to make this a huge drama... are the ones who might need to relax.

the hud sucked.

they either listen to common sense and all the constructive comments, or well... expect worse when released.
Wow. You're post sounds like "wah wah!! Doin't say I was whining about the HUD! WAH! IT SUCKED!!!!! WAH WAH!"

I'm not defensive about the HUD. The first one wasn't very good. IP has given us several version of a WAY better HUD that is not even nearly as ugly. Personally, I would have played with the original HUD, or the new one they made in the first screenhots, or any of them. I DON'T CARE. But the amount of NON-CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and repetition of the EXACT SAME POINTS over and over again DOES NOT HELP. PERIOD. And that is 95-100% of the HUD threads are.

Maxx
21st Oct 2004, 11:27 AM
You all need to consult the Community Dildo, and just let go.

Apathy
21st Oct 2004, 02:27 PM
punt....

W0RF
21st Oct 2004, 02:46 PM
There needs to be sly references in the game, now, to a Community Dildo \o/

IndianPsycho
21st Oct 2004, 03:17 PM
Substained.