PDA

View Full Version : what kind of mutators will be in UTXMP when its released?

Glasseater!
19th Oct 2004, 07:30 PM
what the title said...

IndianPsycho
19th Oct 2004, 08:18 PM
We don't have any planned atm.

Xaero
19th Oct 2004, 08:28 PM
What kind of mutators would you like to see?

fireball
19th Oct 2004, 08:44 PM
GAS TURRETS!

Oblivion[CW]
19th Oct 2004, 08:58 PM
Wouldn't the gas turrent be a mod/mut? I dunno, would be fun to see auto turrents that shoot fireworks into the air, lol. You could do a Happy New Year map :D.

Apathy
19th Oct 2004, 10:29 PM
I wonder if we will see servers with instagib enabled or arena mutators :lol:

T-Shinzon
19th Oct 2004, 10:47 PM
-Sniper Turrets would be seriously spam gay tastic. LOL it would be like having 13 aimbots.
:sniper:

-Gas Turrets are spamtastic as well, but fun. I played in this one server that was playing a really simple small map with "man cannons" that fire you around. Hide Gas Turrets everywhere and the ground becomes foggy! I'm okay with them although they are definitely not good for comp. play.

-There needs to be a low grav mutator.

-ELD: Extended Lawn Darts!!

-NoEnergyMut: No energy depletion, therefore turning XMP into more of a 4 flag CTF match. And turret fest. There should be a configurable limit for deployables.

-FullAmmoMut: Infinite Ammo. Some restrictions apply.

-NoArtyMut: No artifact nodes, therefore turning XMP into an energy survival battle.

-ArtifactCombos: It would be cool if you could temporarily "combine" artifacts to create new vehicles or superpowers or something. 3 players carrying artys could "merge" into an energy entity or something. :hmm:

-Jetpack: OMG instantly turn XMP into Tribes, lol.

-AlienGuns: Add the Drakk and alien weapons!!! (i.e. Spider Gun / Drakk Laser)
-Alternatively, you could create a new class.

-HeadshotOnly: Headshots are instant kills, and are the only type of hit allowed

-InstagibSniper: Instagib Sniper Rifle

-InstagibRocket: Instagib Rocket Launcher

-FasterVehicles: Self Explanatory

-SuicideRaptors: Remember this mutator? LOL.

-FoggyZone: Extremely Dense Fog fills the map. Artifact Carriers and vehicles light up the fog like lighthouses.

-Doom3Mut: Complete darkness. Everyone gets a flash light they can switch on/off.

-BottomFeeder: Lowest Score player gets random speed/strength/defense/etc. boosts

-UTXMP-RPG: Ever play UT2004/03 RPG?

Those are my current suggestions...

:)

Xaero
20th Oct 2004, 12:13 AM
Sniper Turrets - WTF....

Gas Turrets - Dear God No...only skill less players like that idea. ;)

Lowgrav - eh, could be fun

NoEnergyMut - you want CTF? go play CTF. :P

ArtifactCombos - again, wtf?

NoArtyMut - Someone made a map like this... yeah, it sucked. you ever actually try to win by energy starving? ;)

Jetpack - Tribes, yay!

AlienGuns - talked about alot durin u2xmp beta... nothing ever came of it though :(

HeadshotOnly - *coughaimbotcough*

Instagib...naaw, not an xmp thing. I love the intense fights that arise in xmp. :D

the rest...all interesting...I just got lazy adding my opinion.

oh, ELD is a must, however.

T-Shinzon
20th Oct 2004, 01:23 AM
Sniper Turrets - WTF....
lol. they would really suck.

Gas Turrets - Dear God No...only skill less players like that idea. ;)
Its a fun spam fest! Its a mutation, at any rate...

NoEnergyMut - you want CTF? go play CTF. :P
But I want CTF with 4 flags and XMP stuff! ;)

ArtifactCombos - again, wtf?
Okay that was a screwy idea. :/

NoArtyMut - Someone made a map like this... yeah, it sucked. you ever actually try to win by energy starving? ;)
Maybe if it was like Domination in UT1 with, say, 3 energy sources.

AlienGuns - talked about alot durin u2xmp beta... nothing ever came of it though :(
I know someone did the Tosc arm gun thing, but it isn't as good as it should be. TAKKRA WARS!!!!!!

Yep. Interesting with bots though 'cause bots don't bot like humans bot.

Instagib...naaw, not an xmp thing. I love the intense fights that arise in xmp. :D
It could be interesting with lowgrav...
I like the intense fights, too.
Strange thing happened today.
I played UT2004 DM for a while, got warmed up.
I switch to U2XMP and all of a sudden I grab the arty and make a headshot on an enemy arty carrier while dodging backwards and he dodges to the side.
Call me a liar but I'm sure UT2004 improved my XMP Frag skills.

oh, ELD is a must, however.
Go Lawn Darts!!! Make bridges and towers and stuff...Pin people in their vehicles to the floor, lol.

Dandeloreon1984
20th Oct 2004, 10:44 AM
Nice attempt at quoting :D, ever think to try the quote/unquote method.... lol, because it leads to fun quoting.

-Jetpack: OMG instantly turn XMP into Tribes, lol.

there is already a jetpack mutator :D:lol: just needs to be tweaked. get that here. (http://mep.beyondunreal.com/popup/jetpack2k4.html)

[DF]phalanx
20th Oct 2004, 10:45 AM
no gas turrets
artifact powers, only differant rather then the holder getting the effects the whole team gets it once its capped
a no grenade mutator
lawn darts :D
a few other gametypes like UT bunny track (you start at one ned of the map and go through a number of obsticals to reach the end where the node and 1 artifact will be)
i was thinking about the RPG idea but prolly wont work
u dont need no arti mute

fireball
20th Oct 2004, 12:49 PM
-Gas Turrets are spamtastic as well, but fun. I played in this one server that was playing a really simple small map with "man cannons" that fire you around. Hide Gas Turrets everywhere and the ground becomes foggy! I'm okay with them although they are definitely not good for comp. play.
You're kidding me, someone is USING that mutator?

Xaero
20th Oct 2004, 01:37 PM
better reaction... Someone actually MADE that mutator?

[DF]phalanx
20th Oct 2004, 01:53 PM
yea
fireball did

fireball
20th Oct 2004, 02:41 PM
Which is why I didn't ask that question ;)

T-Shinzon
20th Oct 2004, 06:14 PM
Gas turrets make 1 vs. 1 more bearable in small cramped maps. :D

washuu
20th Oct 2004, 06:36 PM
PLEASE DISABLE MUTATORS ON UTXMP, FOR MY SANITY!!! PLEASE!!! YOUR GOD PLEASE!!

Pro^Kp
20th Oct 2004, 06:49 PM
NoArtyMut - Someone made a map like this... yeah, it sucked. you ever actually try to win by energy starving?

Man get over it already :P

Pinkey
20th Oct 2004, 06:54 PM
I think he may have meant that you cant take damage when you get a body shot but when you headshot someone they die instantly, but still a bad idea.

Xaero
20th Oct 2004, 07:13 PM
I think he may have meant that you cant take damage when you get a body shot but when you headshot someone they die instantly, but still a bad idea.

your avatar gives me seizures...

Dandeloreon1984
20th Oct 2004, 07:17 PM
One word, shotty, because that is pwr full enough to get u in 2 shots ;).

zombiewoof
20th Oct 2004, 07:24 PM
What about a mutator which makes gens only hackable in a specified order like the onslaught game. God I hope they don't make deploys=teleports (there was some talk about that earlier).
How about pseudo deploys that blowup when you hack them, or disable other deploys like a keystone. What if we could hack a switch to move the arti node into another room at will on each team? Ohh, oh! Here we go! I want a mutator that delivers pizza....and beer, notifies my dealer when I'm out......does and folds my laundry.......hmmmm a rent and blowjob mutator!

Peter Carlson
20th Oct 2004, 07:42 PM
RaptorTag:
Players spawn driving a raptor and you can't exit the vehicle (so you're always driving). One person is "It" and gains points for each second he remains "It". Everyone else chases that person and if you manage to touch him then you become "It" and everyone starts chasing you. Raptors have infinite health. The raptor which is "It" is either a different color (red, while everyone else is blue) or on fire (yay!) or both.

Xaero
20th Oct 2004, 07:44 PM
Peter, you are a genious!

fireball
20th Oct 2004, 08:27 PM
Shouldn't the 'it' touch you, not the other way around? Though I guess that way would be far more interesting to watch..

Jackal
20th Oct 2004, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=T-Shinzon
-ELD: Extended Lawn Darts!![/QUOTE]

what do you know about ELD.

Those were the fun days thou.

Jackal
20th Oct 2004, 08:45 PM
RaptorTag:
Players spawn driving a raptor and you can't exit the vehicle (so you're always driving). One person is "It" and gains points for each second he remains "It". Everyone else chases that person and if you manage to touch him then you become "It" and everyone starts chasing you. Raptors have infinite health. The raptor which is "It" is either a different color (red, while everyone else is blue) or on fire (yay!) or both.

good idea, but oh too late my friend. they have that for 2k4. it would be fun for XMP, however the harbi would suck. maybe not just Raptors thou, you could have the jug, which does no damage, that could nock the "it" player out of wack when you shoot it with your tank, giving your "chaser" team members a chance.

but fireball has it right i think, the "it" would have to tag someone else. there health could deplete, so they would have to get someone before there health deplets
and harbi's...well you can just ram them together, to get crazy ungodly amounts of flips and cool things.

Mort_Q
20th Oct 2004, 09:41 PM

Agreed.

Pinkey
20th Oct 2004, 10:38 PM
your avatar gives me seizures...

I am seizure!!!11

washuu
20th Oct 2004, 11:17 PM
Peter r0x0rz, all other mutators should just go in the garbage so his idea can fully be developed and enjoyed.

[DF]phalanx
21st Oct 2004, 11:44 AM
hmm raptor tag
sounds fun

Gumby
21st Oct 2004, 12:05 PM
One word, shotty, because that is pwr full enough to get u in 2 shots ;).

Isn't it one shot kill headshot for the shotty? The aux fire is certainly 1 shot kill up close / headshot... ;)

Maxx
21st Oct 2004, 03:01 PM
I had often thought about how fun itwould be to make large nodes you could drive raptors through, and you can only steal, and cap an arti while in a raptor. Make the map huge...would be fun.

Mort_Q
21st Oct 2004, 03:12 PM
I had often thought about how fun itwould be to make large nodes you could drive raptors through, and you can only steal, and cap an arti while in a raptor. Make the map huge...would be fun.

You could do the same thing for generators, etc... it'd be a gimmich map, but I think it'd be fun for a change... kind of like XMP-Freefall

Dandeloreon1984
21st Oct 2004, 04:12 PM
RaptorTag:
good idea :D i like it.

Apathy
21st Oct 2004, 07:58 PM
good idea :D i like it.

Yeah but what if the raptor gets stuck? :rolleyes:

Dandeloreon1984
21st Oct 2004, 08:38 PM
easy, one little command, Suicide :D:lol:

T-Shinzon
21st Oct 2004, 09:23 PM
I keep thinking back to this one LAN game where everyone cooperated on a very high level, as in juggernauts & raptors moving in formation and Raptors storming all over the place and gunners forming ranks and stuff.

I wonder how you'd make a mutator that requires this kind of cooperation?

Perhaps a map that has one twisting path with hackable stuff along the way and vehicles too.

How about where you get points if you assist someone in a frag (by doing damage) and if a teammate within 10 meters kills an enemy then you get 1/2 points for helping. That would fix those times where you are the one to wear down a jugg but a teammate happens to come by and makes the final kill on it (ARGH! THOSE were MY POINTS! lol).

Also: While same team artifact carriers are within 15 meters of each other, they each gain a small energy & sprint boost (or possibly shields as well)because of the interaction between artifacts. The effect is stronger with 3 artifact carriers. This would encourage carriers to stick together, although it has the disadvantage of being more easily detectable. However, the added manpower should give advantage to the carriers. Then they could revive each other when the battle is over.

Also: The Link Gun effect: you can link with fellow teammates to give them an increase in firepower while it drains your ammo (or personal energy, whichever is preferable) but gives them for instance enough power to do one-hit kill sniper rifles or one-hit kill at medium range shotty.

Finally, on a less serious note: OMG it would be so cool if you could combine vehicles like transformers and get a couple juggs and harbingers and raptors and make a GIANT ROBOT!!!

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

Dandeloreon1984
21st Oct 2004, 09:29 PM
I keep thinking back to this one LAN game where everyone cooperated on a very high level, as in juggernauts & raptors moving in formation and Raptors storming all over the place and gunners forming ranks and stuff.

I wonder how you'd make a mutator that requires this kind of cooperation?

There is but one thing i can think of, Matinee ;):lol:

Perhaps a map that has one twisting path with hackable stuff along the way and vehicles too.

How about where you get points if you assist someone in a frag (by doing damage) and if a teammate within 10 meters kills an enemy then you get 1/2 points for helping. That would fix those times where you are the one to wear down a jugg but a teammate happens to come by and makes the final kill on it (ARGH! THOSE were MY POINTS! lol).

That is posible ;), but it would require a lot of work.

Also: While same team artifact carriers are within 15 meters of each other, they each gain a small energy & sprint boost (or possibly shields as well)because of the interaction between artifacts. The effect is stronger with 3 artifact carriers. This would encourage carriers to stick together, although it has the disadvantage of being more easily detectable. However, the added manpower should give advantage to the carriers. Then they could revive each other when the battle is over.

Also: The Link Gun effect: you can link with fellow teammates to give them an increase in firepower while it drains your ammo (or personal energy, whichever is preferable) but gives them for instance enough power to do one-hit kill sniper rifles or one-hit kill at medium range shotty.

Finally, on a less serious note: OMG it would be so cool if you could combine vehicles like transformers and get a couple juggs and harbingers and raptors and make a GIANT ROBOT!!!

No way that is goin to happen :D :lol:

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

washuu
21st Oct 2004, 11:42 PM
Wow now people, stop derailing the topic of raptor tag now, you know that's all we want and need.

dutch_gecko
22nd Oct 2004, 09:21 AM
Ehm, as well as Tribes-like jetpacks, skiing also? The existing XMP environments are actually very good for that kind of thing.

zombiewoof
22nd Oct 2004, 03:45 PM
Wow, skiing maps. teleports back to the top hmmm.

Captain Kewl
22nd Oct 2004, 03:51 PM
And idiot snowborader wannabes that fall over every five feet.

Xaero
22nd Oct 2004, 03:57 PM

How did you discover my secret?

dutch_gecko
22nd Oct 2004, 04:23 PM
They don't fall over. They actually purposefully sit down in order to get in everybody's way.

Gumby
22nd Oct 2004, 11:38 PM
Oi you cheeky sods!

I teach those little buggers that sit just underneath every crest on their arses!! :D

Air7725
23rd Oct 2004, 12:20 AM

You still got that Snowboard code laying around? we should do a XMP snowboard deathmatch! ;)

Apathy
23rd Oct 2004, 02:44 PM
easy, one little command, Suicide :D:lol:

Suicide is not the answer! :rolleyes:

T-Shinzon
23rd Oct 2004, 08:06 PM
New gametype:

XMP ASSAULT.

That would pwn.

Dandeloreon1984
23rd Oct 2004, 10:07 PM
Suicide is not the answer! :rolleyes:

I know that most people in xmp have the suicide and behindview commands set to a key, and i do that personally, one for in case i get stuck for no reason :(.

Bleeder
24th Oct 2004, 02:34 AM
Oh what I wouldn't do for a StayBlood mutator... All the UT's have a mutator for this now. It's quite a sight when you see tons of blood, hundreds of dead player corpses, and thousands of gibs sprawled across the playing field. I always wondered what it would be like with all the Raptor gutblows :)

Please, oh please, somebody has to make this mutator (if the UT2k4 one doesn't work).

dutch_gecko
24th Oct 2004, 03:25 AM
Erm, framerate?

Bleeder
24th Oct 2004, 03:30 AM
It's actually not that bad. 2k4 is relatively old of a game now. From my experience, 2k4 runs even better than 2k3 did on the same hardware.

dutch_gecko
24th Oct 2004, 03:38 AM
I'd disagree (from the UT2k4 demo), at least on my system. UT2003 had a fluidity to it that I couldn't reproduce in the demo. I heard the demo's graphics had been nerfed, however, so could be that it's less efficient in graphics processing than the full version.
The blood should be ok for framerate but it's the body count that does the damage. Not sure if I'd like that mut on my system (Athlon 1800+ GF3 ti200 (64MB RAM) and 512MB RAM)

Bleeder
24th Oct 2004, 04:41 PM
I'd disagree (from the UT2k4 demo), at least on my system. UT2003 had a fluidity to it that I couldn't reproduce in the demo. I heard the demo's graphics had been nerfed, however, so could be that it's less efficient in graphics processing than the full version.
The blood should be ok for framerate but it's the body count that does the damage. Not sure if I'd like that mut on my system (Athlon 1800+ GF3 ti200 (64MB RAM) and 512MB RAM)
The first couple releases of the 2k4 demo sucked. The latest version (v3334) of the 2k4 demo released Sept'04 is vastly improved. I do think that Epic nerfed the original demos , but I think they've finally done the demo right w/ this version.

Gumby
24th Oct 2004, 09:37 PM
Yeah, the full game is a lot better (FPS wise) than the first demo's...

I never really found it an issue personally ;)

dutch_gecko
25th Oct 2004, 03:25 AM
Good good. I shouldn't really complain anyway, the engine's much better than Unreal2's.

Magwa
25th Oct 2004, 09:49 AM

Best answer yet.....

T-Shinzon
25th Oct 2004, 05:43 PM
Best answer yet.....

Too stubborn! Resistant to change! Change is inevitable! :)

Magwa
25th Oct 2004, 07:25 PM
Too stubborn! Resistant to change! Change is inevitable! :)

That is your opinion...:) i happen to believe that XMP just like it comes out of the box is a very good game type and does not need to be split up into small parts of the original...that is MY opinion.

Apathy
26th Oct 2004, 03:31 PM
That is your opinion...:) i happen to believe that XMP just like it comes out of the box is a very good game type and does not need to be split up into small parts of the original...that is MY opinion.

I concur!

Anyone remember ut99 rocket arena when it first came out? some U_Tards set up a server with low grav insta.
Later some servers popped up with translocator, redeemer and runes, what a mess, thank god those noob settings didn't catch on :lol:

Glasseater!
27th Oct 2004, 08:21 PM
i would like to see double boost, infinite running andlocked vehicles for there team only

Apathy
27th Oct 2004, 11:00 PM
i would like to see double boost, infinite running andlocked vehicles for there team only

A mutator to make the map upside down, you're running on the ceiling, if there is no ceiling you fall into space and die
:rolleyes:

[GDC]Faust
28th Oct 2004, 03:40 AM
CRATE-XMP!

dutch_gecko
28th Oct 2004, 11:18 AM
Good point. XMP never did have crates. FMI, can we have some crates please?

Glasseater!
28th Oct 2004, 06:39 PM
A mutator to make the map upside down, you're running on the ceiling, if there is no ceiling you fall into space and die
:rolleyes:

oh shut the **** up, none of my ideas are that ****ing drastic

dutch_gecko
29th Oct 2004, 07:31 AM
There shall be no substaining for XMP CRATES!

[DF]phalanx
29th Oct 2004, 10:42 AM
pah running on the cieling is easy to make
warp zones :D

dutch_gecko
30th Oct 2004, 08:24 AM
Can we have a map where there's a hackable switch and when you hack it the level turns upside down?