My maps are rotating . . . normal?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if it's just me or is it normal to have your maps rotate.

Whenever I start play in UT2004, everything around starts to roll - slowly - but still enough to be iritating and to throw my shot off. Can I get rid of this it happens about 25% of the time?

Thanks, Randy :)

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Yes, even if I just stand up away from the pc and leave everything alone, the screen still rolls. I'm lost. Especially since it doesn't happen every single time. Just sometimes.

Thanks, Randy

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Turns2Ashes said:
This isn't, like, on maps with rotating skyboxes is it?

no , he/she telled us it was 25% of the time

randyannie said:
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if it's just me or is it normal to have your maps rotate.

Whenever I start play in UT2004, everything around starts to roll - slowly - but still enough to be iritating and to throw my shot off. Can I get rid of this it happens about 25% of the time?

Thanks, Randy :)

so the question is , is it normal ?!!!

no its not

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Check your control settings and remove all entries you don't use. (in other words: delete all settings and set only the keys you use.) Maybe you got a device (joystick/pad, steeringwheel, etc.) attached that makes the view change.

Kantham, stop acting as a troll.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
_Zd_Meelobee_ said:
Kantham, stop acting as a troll.

y

seriously , he/she says its happen most of 25% of the time , maybe she/he have serious problem , i have glasses ,if i don't have em at computer , i have vission problem ,

maybe its her/his problem

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
He has it sometimes, so most likely there is something wrong. It is his problem, true, but we are here to help. If you don't want to help, don't post, no need for you to take the piss at him.
Some things are new to people, no matter how "stupid" or simple a question might sound to you, he might not know.

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
It rolls...Can you be a little more specific here? Is this only horizontal/vertical, or a bit of both. And does your HUD (weapons bar, icons, that sort of things) rolls as well?
Finally: you state that it happens 25% of the time. Do you have any idea why it does happen, or why not? I mean...does it happen on certain levels, or on levels with many bots in it (=more load on your CPU), or something like that?
...Oh, and try unplugging your mouse if your problem occurs. If the rotating stops, you'll know where the problem is.

@Kantham: is it really that hard to imagine that someone's computer doesn't work 100%? I really hope you don't work on a helpdesk ;)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I used to have this problem when my joystick was plugged in because it wouldn't calibrate properly. I don't use it anymore. Do like WileyPeyote said and uncheck "Use Joystick."

TwiTchY

aN TwiTchY PsYChoTiC MuRdeERer
Oct 3, 2004
Huntley,Illinois
My joystick worked fine,intill i knocked it off my desk and it kept rotateing..But i think its either his Mouse,do what they said,unplug the mouse and you will know =)

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
I think I found the problem maybe. To answer the question above it is rolling vertically. Now the answer: I have had as many as two additional mice (as well as a joystick) connected to my computer this whole time.

If one of the other mice is just slightly askew, it will cause the primary mouse to fight for control. They're all optical and I bet if I unplug them all except primary then it will be fixed.

Thanks to all for racking your brains! Randy

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
I have a trackball and a pen tablet which includes a mouse. I also had an optical mouse at one point, bringing it up to three, but then I switched full-time to the trackball.