Couple of FragBU things

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Here are two things that should be done before the next FragBU:
  • Add the following maps. This is just a rough list of what you guys want, so feel free to make suggestions:
    • CTF-RomraMoonStation-FragBU
    • vCTF-Bloodgulch
    • vCTF-Battleline
    • vCTF-UP-MilitaryFortPT
    • DM-Waisten
    • ONS-Perimeter
  • Add server-side demorecs. Whoever has a server for me to transfer them to after they're recorded, PM me so we can get something set up.
We will probably be adding CTF4 to the server once it's out, mainly because it is a simple modification that doesn't really require any drastically new gameplay skills, but is unique in very cool way (similar to JB)

Once again, please feel free to make any suggestions at all about a setting change, map addition, mutator request, etc. :)

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
hal, would you be speaking of BR-Thorns or CTF-Thorns? If we add BR-Thorns2-26, we'd have to add BR-flarized and BR-FragballStadium as well. If we added CTF-Thorns, we'd have to add CTF-Checkmate at the very least. ;)

and also, we need BR-Grendelkeep, instagib or not www.mms.clan-foe.com/BR-Grendelkeep.zip

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
VCTF-AggressiveAlleys2004 might be the best of that pack - it's small enough to run on-foot, but big enough to really duke it out.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Isn't ONS-Perimeter that Nathillien map that with really crappy framerates? :hmm:

Good to see Waisten on there! :)

I've played one online VCTF match before and I didn't really see the appeal, especially since it was on the supposed best map out there, Agressive Alleys. Maybe playing it on FragBU will redeem it for me.

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Finally: vCTF for FragBU :notworthy:
Raffi_B said:
We will probably be adding CTF4 to the server once it's out, mainly because it is a simple modification that doesn't really require any drastically new gameplay skills, but is unique in very cool way (similar to JB)
I think it'll require some diplomatic skills. I can just hear the comments:
'Hey reds: wanna trade a green flag for our own?'
'OMG! Gold is gonna win. Quick, everyone: get their flag!'
'Hey greens. I shouldn't say this, but...there's a blue guy with your flag hiding in the red base'
:D

m&ms said:
and also, we need BR-Grendelkeep, instagib or not www.mms.clan-foe.com/BR-Grendelkeep.zip
Did one of your guys converted that map? It's the best custom BR map I know, and it isn't even available on Nalicity

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Tale - I think Perimeter is gameplay-wise a very unique ONS map, and it sounded like a lot of BuFers did too in the map release thread in the news/articles forum. If you guys don't want it though, it's gone :)

Kantham - I think we have enough maps for this week, but we'll see about next week.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
Taleweaver said:
Did one of your guys converted that map? It's the best custom BR map I know, and it isn't even available on Nalicity

nope, i just ripped it off of the jolt server and zipped it for distribution.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
ActionCity isn't the prettiest of maps, but you can generally have a gg. It's a little big to walk on foot, but some consideration was taken for the walking flagrunner.

Don't think I can't get a manta in those spots, though, because I can. ;)