The Uzi sounded much better in the weaponpack then it does in the bonus pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Al_Bundy

Sep 6, 2004
Not to sound like an ******* but is it me or did the uzi sound much better in the weapon pack then it does in the bonus pack?

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
Yuou can still use the WeaponPack Uzi, they are two different weapons

And to get reallife recordings of weapons is possibly the hardest thing when creating a new weapon.

Al_Bundy

Sep 6, 2004
well it doesn't really matter whether or not it's realistic, all that matters to me is if the sound is satisfying when your unloading a clip into somebody and I do care about RL sounds but for the Uzi it's fine, hell for all the weapons it's fine. But the firing sound for the Uzi in the bonus pack was dissapointing compared to the one in the weapon pack and also for both the Famas and the Uzi when they were supressed they were still very loud when compared to the supressed sound of a Socom or the FN P90

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Al_Bundy said:
for both the Famas and the Uzi when they were supressed they were still very loud when compared to the supressed sound of a Socom or the FN P90

The high-pitched noise you hear compared to the 'click' or 'pop' of a socom/p90 is due to the fact that the bullet leaves at a speed greater than that of sound, like a mini-sonic-boom. Whether or not the bullet actually goes at that speed, i don't know.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
It's generally been agreed upon that the new weapon sounds are pretty awful (I'd actually hold that almost all the weapon sounds are terrible; when I originally played Infiltration, I just thought UT99 limited you to extraordinarily low res; imagine my surprise when I submitted some 1911 sounds and they worked just fine). Unfortunately, concensus among mutator makers is that it would be some dangerous, horrible, baby killing crime to write a mutator that allows client side sound configuration for weapon firing and reloading (personally, I'd like to see it for everything, if possible). God knows it destroyed CS and DoD and MoH and CoD and every game ever made on Quake...

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I disagree. I use the miniUzi instead of the microuzi, cause the latter weapon sounds like paper rustling. (it's my opinion, though) Using the miniuzi and 5+ mags kicks in CQB, as short bursts drills many rounds into the enemy.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I want gibs in Inf.

Btw, do all new weapons have different distance sounds? It seems that i hear the 'basic' distance sound alot instead of different ones.