Making your own textures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{Lz4}DFA

Aug 25, 2004
I tried that because it said it accepted .bmp files but when i try to open it it gives me a general protection fault and closes the editor.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I don't know why, but I decided to purposefully be unhelpful with that last one. Probably because it in between me getting my ass kicked playing FragBU.

Anywho, texture dimensions have to be powers of two, so 256x256, 64x512, 8x1024, etc. would all work. Also, make sure you put the textures into myLevel, then compress them. Right-click on it once it's imported and go to Compress > DXT1. If your texture has an alpha channel, which it won't if you're using MSPaint, you'd use DXT5. Just trying to be extra helpful now. ;)

If there's any other problems, let us know. :)