Basic JB UT99 server help!! Mapvote Help too

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DonutHunter

Aug 9, 2004
Hi all,

I'm trying to start a UT99 JB gold server and had a few questions after reading the forum...some things I think are assumed and I'm totally new to JB for 99 so any tips/suggestions for setting up the server would be appreciated.

First of all....the server .bat file what is the proper syntax for starting it.

This is what I'm using, but I'm getting load errors

ucc.exe Server JB-Alcatraz.unr?Game=botpack.Jailbreak?mutator=BDBMapVote304.BDBMapVote Multihome=69.28.241.120 Port=7777

What's wrong with that sentence? Is there a "best" way to set this up?

Secondly, I want to use mapvote but I can't seem to get the right mod listed for that as well. The JB maps don't show up in the mapvote window. Arrgg, sometimes these things make me want to go screaming, "Write documentation for the Rest of Us!!!!"

Third, I dl the 40.1 meg basic files then map packs 1, 2, 4, 5...can't find 4 (any ideas where I can find it) and then I read something about Old vs New jailbreak maps and Now I'm worried I have old ones as well....I did install something called, Old Classics or something like that....but nothing from versions before Gold III

Thanks,

DonutHunter

The server is up, but I need to compress the extra maps and upload....and I'd like to get this mapvote problem fixed.

Well...the server is crashing and looping and I'm getting this message

ScriptWarning: JBRelicRedemptionHook JB-Alcatraz.JBRelicRedemptionHook0 (Function JailBreak.JBRelicRedemptionHook.IsInZone:001C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: JBRelicRedemptionHook JB-Alcatraz.JBRelicRedemptionHook0 (Function JailBreak.JBRelicRedemptionHook.IsInZone:001C) Accessed None

a thousand times...this is a new problem....

I also noticed that the maps are not staying when I move them over from the left to the right in default. It's like they forget they are the default startup maps and when I select JB as the gametype, there are no maps selected.

What did I do wrong with this install?

Thx.

Humm...here is my engine section...are there known incompatibilites here:

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.ilangame.com MasterServerPort=28900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=MODOSUtilsV25.MODOSSBServerActor
ServerActors=MODOSUtilsV25.SplashLogoSA
ServerActors=MODOSUtilsV25.TeamBalanceActorServerActors=MODOSUtilsV25.AutoRecorder
ServerActors=ServerAdds.ServerAdds
ServerActors=MonsterAnnouncer.MA_ServerActor
ServerActors=OPBan.OPBan
ServerActors=WebChatLog.WebChatLog
ServerActors=UTPureRC6E.UTPureSA
;ServerPackages=RNAStats1c
ServerPackages=SmartCTFV4
ServerPackages=MODOSUtilsV25
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
;ServerPackages=MultiMesh
;ServerPackages=Relics
;ServerPackages=EpicCustomModels
;ServerPackages=TCowMeshSkins
;ServerPackages=TNaliMeshSkins
;ServerPackages=TSkMSkins
;ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
;ServerPackages=donut2
ServerPackages=BDBMapVote304
ServerPackages=UTPureRC6E
ServerPackages=JailBreak
ServerPackages=JBArena
ServerPackages=JBSpecials
ServerPackages=Screen

Last edited:

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
This is what I'm using, but I'm getting load errors

ucc.exe Server JB-Alcatraz.unr?Game=botpack.Jailbreak?mutator=BDBMapVote304.BDBMapVote Multihome=69.28.241.120 Port=7777

What's wrong with that sentence? Is there a "best" way to set this up?
I guess you have already figured it out but it has to be

ucc.exe Server JB-Alcatraz.unr?Game=Jailbreak.Jailbreak?mutator=BDBMapVote304.BDBMapVote Multihome=69.28.241.120 Port=7777

... others than that it looks fine to me.

I suggest to use these settings for MapVote (in your ini):

[BDBMapVote304.BDBMapVote]
bAutoDetect=False
bDM=False
bLMS=False
bTDM=False
bDOM=False
bCTF=False
bAS=False
bOther=True
OtherClass=Jailbreak.Jailbreak

MapPreFixOverRide=
PreFixSwap=
bSortWithPreFix=True
VoteTimeLimit=70
KickPercent=51
bUseMapList=False
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
bKickVote=True
bCheckOtherGameTie=True
RepeatLimit=0
MapVoteHistoryType=BDBMapVote304.MapVoteHistory1
ServerInfoURL=
MapInfoURL=
MidGameVotePercent=50
Mode=Majority
MinMapCount=15
HasStartWindow=Auto
bEntryWindows=True
bDebugMode=False

And finally you can download all more or less official map packs for Jailbreak III over here.

Good luck! :)

DonutHunter

Aug 9, 2004
Thanks

Heya, SexMachine...

Thanks I figured out 'some' of what I wanted to do, but am brand new to JB so I have alot to learn.

You Mapvote ini was Very helpful...

Thanks,

DonutHunter

Come Check out the server....all base maps so far....need to get the others compressed and uploaded.

Unreal://69.28.241.120

If you like Monster Hunt...on 122
and Tally Ho ... on 123

Take care.
:D