XBOX Games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
I'm going to buy a XBOX (don't even think about it) tomorrow.
I'm looking for any game suggestion you have. I've played very few XBOX game over the years since it's release, so anything good that came out (that hasn't been surpassed) is a good suggestion. I'm really looking for anything, including games that may be good enough only to rent...

By the way, I'm not getting XBOX live yet, I'm not playing MP anymore on PC, I doubt I will on console. Maybe if I get a game with the two month free XBOX Live card... Maybe ...

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Steps To Becoming a happy Xbox user...

Step One: modchip

Step One.Five Learn how to solder, open the xbox, nervously connect the solder points, flash the modchip, etc. etc. (stress stress stress)

Step Two: Buy an 80GB or higher lockable (so you can play on Live, if you ever desire to) HD.

Step Three: Learn how to use IRC, friends, BT or a Blockbuster card. Also, learn how to use Xiso and XBMS for your respected OS of choice.

Step Four: Install Xbox Media Player so you can stream movies from your computer into your living room (impresses the ladies!)

Step Five: Install every emulator and every rom known to man to create the ultimate gaming box.

Step Six: Install various tools that allow you to copy those borrowed / rented games.

Step Seven: Make fun of your sucker friends that still pay $50 for games that they '...heard were given high scores by GamePro / IGN / Any other ****ty game magazine / ezine'.

But...if you're gay...

Good games that actually deserve money...well, most of them...:

1) Halo (**** anybody that thinks it's not fun, because it is, although, with 2 coming out next month, might just want to wait until the first one is like $10...or just skip it and wait)

2) Fable ('short' RPG I guess...but very, very, very addicting)

3) Star Wars:KoToR (actually, get it for PC if you can...Xbox version has some nasty 'freeze' glitches in a few of the cinematics)

4) Full Spectrum Warrior (fun RTS game)

5) Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (sooo much better than the first one)

6) ESPN (sega) NHL2k5 (best hockey games ever)

7) Any 'Silent Hill' game (scary scary)

8) Jet Set Radio Future (mmmm...Dreamcast goodness)

9) Panzer Dragoon: Orta (Star Fox type rail-shooter. If you liked the older Panzer Dragoon games, it's the same thing)

10) Steel Battallion (if you randomly come across a few hundred dollars for the sweet controller). I pre-ordered this when it came out (being the Mechwarrior junkie that I am) and I have to say, this game (despite the terrible 'teammate AI' is the INF of mech games...although, more intense..)

11) Pre-Order 'Halo 2', as it will be a reason to skip at least a week of class/work. If it isn't, I'll buy you ice cream.

12) Metal Slug 3 (if you like old school 2D sidescrolling 'Contra' type games...this is the king)

13) Red Dead Revolver (western...very nice game too. Last game in the genre since 'Mad Dog McCree' I think / Not as good as 'Gunsmoke' for the NES though. Then again, what game is?)

14) Grand Theft Auto 3 + Vice City (if you don't already have them for PC / PS2 / haven't already played the real GTA; 'The Getaway')

15) Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (best fighting game ever)

16) SoulCalibur 2 (if you like ****ty Todd MacFarlane characters and the previous SoulCalibur game)

17) Crimson Skies (solid 'arcade' flight game..lotsa fun)

18) Prince of Persia (the way Ninja Gaiden should've handled...)

Games that will give you AIDS from even viewing them:

1) Mortal Kombat: DA (and the new one...)

2) DOA3 (sorry, those games blow...the boob-bounce technology is neat though)

3) Ninja Gaiden (I love the 2D ones, but I couldn't stand this game at all. Tecmo sucks.)

4) DRIV3R (worst game ever, hands down)

5) Any new 'James Bond' game

6) Any PC port game (except for Ghost Recon, which was actually better on the Xbox)

8) Star Wars Battlefront

9) Counter-Strike (probably didn't even need to mention this one...)

10) Any XSN game (XSN = Microsoft's own Sports titles = terrible)

11) Amped! (Yeah...never did figure out how this game was fun...same with 1080 for the N64 and Cube...)

12) Any 'Hitman' game

13) Hundreds of other games that don't even deserve to be written about...

Hope that helps. :)

Lt.

Elitist bastard
Aug 11, 2004
in urban Michigan(mostly)
Derelan said:
....only console games i ever enjoyed.

:eek:
what about FF5, FF6, Super Puyo-Puyo, and Ogrebattle, queer!
arent those console titles?

(edit: as for XBOX games, the only game for that system I loved was Halo, but I would also recommend waiting until you could get a cheaper copy,
maybe a bundle w/ halo2)

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Lt. said:
:eek:
what about FF5, FF6, Super Puyo-Puyo, and Ogrebattle, queer!
arent those console titles?

Probably, and i think i played one of them, but it certainly bored the heck out of me. When I look for a console title, I look for a relaxing way to enjoy 30 minutes of free time each day, not a game to spend 2 months of vacation each year with.

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
About Rallysports 2, is it one of those Rally game where you end up racing alone (don't care how good the game is, this will always ruin it for me)?

Step One: Done before getting the XBOX
Step One.Five Won't be a problem
Step Two: Nope, partly because I'm not buying a bigger HD then I have for my PC and since my TV is actually smaller then my PC screen.
Step Three: Currently doing backward backuping trough the internet.
Step Four: On my desktop.
Step Five: Finally a use for all those SNES roms I have...
Step Six: "."
Step Seven: Bad you.

1) Halo : Sucked on PC, and even if it's supposed to be better on XBOX, I might as well "wait" for Halo2
2) Fable : see step 3
3) Star Wars:KoToR : Already played on PC, great game.
4) Full Spectrum Warrior : As soon as I get around to play the demo (shortcut on my desktop for a while...)
5) Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow : Might try it...
6) ESPN (sega) NHL2k5 : I'll try it, EA's NHL2005 [on PC] sucked IMO, this one could be better.
9) Panzer Dragoon: Orta : Liked both Sega Saturn (last console I bought) games
10) Steel Battallion : yeah... right
12) Metal Slug 3 : see Step 3
13) Red Dead Revolver : I'll look at it
14) Grand Theft Auto 3 + Vice City : played both on PC
15) Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (best fighting game ever)
16) SoulCalibur 2 : Liked the first one on Dreamcast...
17) Crimson Skies : soon the follow step 3
18) Prince of Persia : played on PC

Games that will give you AIDS from even viewing them:

1) Mortal Kombat: DA : Is it that bad? I'm mostly going for nostalgia here...
2) DOA3 : I'm still going to rent the beach volleyball game
3) Ninja Gaiden : Heard to much good about this game, step 3
4) DRIV3R : I've seen the criticism, I might end up playing it on PC if they fix it.
11) Amped! : Isn't SSX 3 better?

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Ninja Gaiden was f*cking awesome, I have no clue what this guy is talking about. Hell, it's one of the reasons I bought the console for in the first place.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
About Rallysports 2, is it one of those Rally game where you end up racing alone

DO you mean like doing stages ..... then the answer is yes but the thing is there are several types of races so it's not just limited to you against the clock. oh and due to step one use (lokks around for a mod) a P2P program as it's so easy to move the games to your hdd and never mess around with ****ing flimisy DVDs ever again. I'd recomend a 160GB as they are now cheap and just keep putting all your games onto the hdd.

I'm still going to rent the beach volleyball game

I felt dirty after playing that .... it's just sleazy.
-how.

Last edited:

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I hope you get live, I love playing good folks like you over live.

Any case, the games I have:
Rainbowsix 3 (and black arrow)
Grand theft auto Double Pack
Splinter Cell pandora tommorow
full spectrum warrior
project gotham racing 2
crimson skies
fable
godzill: destroy all monsters
metal arms: glitch in the system
gladius
top spin
dead to rights
panzer dragoon: orta

I don't like halo, and doubt I will like halo 2. Still, live should be good so I will get it I think.
My suggestion is to get ALOT of cheap games. I got GTA doublepack for 18 euros, now thats a deal! Fable wasn't as good as I was hoping for, nor as good considering I knew I would be disapointed, but still good. Morrowind GOTY version beats it to death though.

Have fun, and tell me if you get Live. And FFS don't modchip your xbox, start a collection like you should.

Ninja gaiden is also fun from what I understand. Just use ebay.com, amazon.com and play.com to get games cheap. Use friends, ign and gamespot as a way to get all the gems. Oh burnout 3 sounds awesome to me. I am just fresh out of money (ordered pikmin 2, donkey konga, rainbowsix 3, GTA double pack and splinter cell pandora tomorrow just a week back so I am all out :p).

Again, have fun. And maybe in time you will stop playing PC games like I have and also get a nice little cube ;)

edit:
The beachvolley game, DOA beach, is fun in the summer. It's the entire ultra happy atmosphere that makes it good for summers. 2 more suggestions: Dance dance revolution (or whatever else there is). And soul calibur 2 (although I HATE the controls on xbox). edit2: And NFL street and outrun 2 :)

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
I'm planning on buying an Xbox soon, and 90% of it has to do with Ninja Gaiden.

DOA3 is an excellent party game. It's so easy to execute flashy moves that everyone watching gets a nice show. My friends and I have gotten years of entertainment out of Bass' spinebuster/drag-and-throw counter. Each time I do it, I stand up, wave my fist and yell "SHA SHA SHA!!!!!" :lol:

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
If you are interested in party games, kung fu chaos and godzilla all monsters are great examples. Fuzion Frenzy is also fun for a while, but it gets annoying very quickly. Guess it makes a good appetizer.
FTU, perhaps you can (again) try to explain to me what makes ninja gaiden so good. Most people I know love it, but I don't. I just don't see the fun in it (except for it being hard).

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Eh, if you don't like it, you don't like it. I'm a big fan of good action platformers (Prince of Persia, Devil May Cry, etc.) and I'm a fan of hard games. Ninja Gaiden strikes me as having the best of both--though after playing Devil May Cry, I really miss Ebony and Ivory in other games. Nothing is cooler than knocking an enemy into the air with your sword and then "juggling" them with bullets until they fall apart.

20030131l.gif

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Well that makes sense. The thing I didn't like about ninja gaiden was it being so linear. The only time I like that in games are for time wasters (such as dead to rights) but I rarely bother finishing those games.
Oh well, back to GTA and Pikmin 2 I guess :)

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Halo is teh win.

It's not perfect and it is a little old and oogly, but it is also a great game.

I also enjoyed the "Conflict:" games.

"Otogi" is cool if you like the action platformer type games.

Panzer Dragoon Orta is eye-popping lovely.

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
I'm planning on buying an Xbox soon, and 90% of it has to do with Ninja Gaiden.

DOA3 is an excellent party game. It's so easy to execute flashy moves that everyone watching gets a nice show. My friends and I have gotten years of entertainment out of Bass' spinebuster/drag-and-throw counter. Each time I do it, I stand up, wave my fist and yell "SHA SHA SHA!!!!!" :lol:
DOA3 isn't a good party game if its the only game your friends want you to play with them for 6 hours each weekend.