PDA

View Full Version : GPF static meshes errors

katanaX
14th Oct 2004, 01:48 PM
I always get GPF errors when importing .ase statics meshes into UED 3.0 and it crashes. Anyone know how to fix this? Am I exporting the files to .ase wrong? I use 3dsmax, is there anything special to think of when exporting to .ase to make it work correctly in UnrealEd?
thanks,

Radiosity
14th Oct 2004, 05:31 PM
Couple of things:

1: Are you exporting your meshes as single objects? So if you had 5 objects in your scene, you'd attach them all into one object before exporting. Static meshes cannot be made up of multiple seperate objects - doing that will bugger Ued up good and proper.

2: Do you have any extra elements in your scene such as lights or dummy helper objects? Anything like this should also be removed before exporting (or just select whatever you want and export selected if you don't want to delete the objects every time).

Can't think of anything else at the moment :) And the .ase exporter from Max works perfectly with more or less default settings (you need to have Mesh Normals and Mapping Coordinates checked, everything else is fine at default).