clansetup broken ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NR_marcO

Sep 25, 2004
with the latest version of ut2vote i got still reports from my users that wierd things happen ...

e.g.:
----
ok here goes....
I set it up as normal, 6 maps (I've tried different ones, it does the same thing on all), Junkyard, RobotFactory, Mothership (reapeated to make 6). No mutators or special settings except 'Players must be Ready'. 30 second end game wait, 15min game time, game score limit = 1, 8 players, 2 specs, '[NR] Assault Training' as server name. 'XXXXX' as password.
8:30pm Uk start time, Cryptic server (it was the same on Cuppa last time).
Whae the first map finishes, Junkyard, it's supposed to wait 30 secs, then switch to RobotFactory. It did nothing but show the final screen, no message, still waiting. It's like it's been sat at wait time = 10 mins or something, not 30 secs.
This means I have to end the clanmatch, then setup again, unless I go to clan setup before the game time runs out, and click on 'End Map'. You can't click on it once the game's finished.
Thanx RB.
---

rgds
marc'O

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
There must be another mod or mutator that is running on your server that disables the endwait or sets bChangeLevels=False.
The ClanSetup and ClanMatch is used extensively out here and also by Socke and many other clans.
Best have a good look at what other Muts are running with your matches and remove them one by one till the problem clears.

NR_marcO

Sep 25, 2004
ProAsm said:
There must be another mod or mutator that is running on your server that disables the endwait or sets bChangeLevels=False.
The ClanSetup and ClanMatch is used extensively out here and also by Socke and many other clans.
Best have a good look at what other Muts are running with your matches and remove them one by one till the problem clears.

have u changed anything related to endgamewait since 43?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
No the ClanMatch and its setup is still the same as always except for the removal of the Brightskins and several changes on how the GamePassword works.
I'll have a squiz tonight and ask around but I'm sure if the bug was that big my email box would have overflowed by now :)

NR_marcO

Sep 25, 2004
ProAsm said:
No the ClanMatch and its setup is still the same as always except for the removal of the Brightskins and several changes on how the GamePassword works.
I'll have a squiz tonight and ask around but I'm sure if the bug was that big my email box would have overflowed by now :)

k ... i'm back to 43 for now and as far as i can see the problem is gone with the same mut's loaded as with 47 which shows the problem.

EDIT: rechecked with 43 and absolute identical mut's running as with 47 - no problems there ... so must be something with 47 tho IMHO ..

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
yes, i see the probleme too... of course only with assault. We'll dig into that... Thanks for pointing on that one ;)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
ahhhhh yes Assault.
I did not see that you mentioned Assault - sorry.
Assault is a tough one simply because the teams get swapped around at an "artificial" game end which screws UT2Votes brains up.
In 43 and before allthough this worked the swap around caused all sorts of grief so we decided to disable UT2Vote altogether from functioning with Assault.
We will go back to it again and have another look.
In UT99 there was a special "GameReset" function for Assault but in UT2004 its missing.
Thanks for reminding us about this problem as I must be honest, we had forgotten all about it.
Just shows how many teams play Assault :D

** Edit **
The way it worked in 43, was that a fairly satisfactory gameplay or did you notice the bugs the team swap caused when UT2Vote had to add up the scores ?

Last edited: