PDA

View Full Version : multiple instances of unreal 2k3 running on 1 pc

ehendrikd
13th Oct 2004, 07:36 PM
hi all

just wondering if it is at all possible to run multiple instances of unreal 2k3 on one pc. would make replication testing a whole lot easier :)

i have tried copying the whole UT2003 dir and running the exe i there as well as the original, but still it focuses the other instance of 2k3 running.

anyone have any ideas?

cheers
ehendrikd

BinarySystem
13th Oct 2004, 08:11 PM
It's not only possible, but the standard way of testing replication. ;)

See "Running A Dedicated Server With UCC" on the wiki to see how to do it.

I BELIEVE it's possible to run a listen server and have another instance connect to it, so you can see what's going on on client and server, but I forget how I managed to pull that off, and it crashed frequently. The dedicated server method described on the wiki should work perfectly though.

ehendrikd
13th Oct 2004, 08:17 PM
thanks for the reply, but i should have been a bit more specific :)

i can create a dedicated server and a client on 1 pc, and have done many times before, but i want to be able to run 2 or more clients on the 1 pc, so i can actaully see that the replication is correct on the from one client to the other.

edit: in particular i am trying to replicate karma actors, it seemed ok when i tested replication using this method you describe, but in actual fact it was completly wrong when i had another client on another machine connected to the server.

cheers
ehendrikd

ehendrikd
13th Oct 2004, 08:46 PM
all good :D

found the command line arg:

-newwindow

does exactly what i wanted :D thanks anyway
cheers
ehendrikd