PDA

View Full Version : Ganondorf Dragmire (the Playermodel)

Vailias
12th Oct 2004, 06:33 AM
I put this up at the main part of Beyond Unreal's modeling fourm too, but I figured Posting it directly in Skin City wouldn't do much harm, and would get all yous who don't frequent the other boards.

This is a side side side project that originated as a request over at polycount last June. I started the model last friday, then scrapped the torso on wednesday, and remade the entire body on Thursday night, Unwrapping as I went. Finished the mass layer of the skin on Friday night/saturday morning, and got the colors and rig finished tonight. I wanted to have it done by this weekend, like Saturday, but I figured I should get some fresh air for a change and went golfing instead. ;)
http://jodinewton.150m.com/Pimps/Ganondorf_Promo.jpg

I'll release him once I get the teamskins done and see about solving an issue with the melee weapons for Chaos UT2. There are some slight deformation issues going on in some sequences, largely due to the fact that poor ganny doesn't fit on the stock UT skeletons, and I seriously do not have the time to animate him on a custom skeleton.

anyway Comments/Crits?

Nalid
12th Oct 2004, 06:55 AM
Absolutly awsome... I'll admit to my geekness and tell you I have the plastic model of that character close to my computer. Been a huge LoZ fan most of my life since back in the late 8bit and early 16bit days. <Claps> Hella awsome friend. You did a great job on both the model, and the skinning.. it has the same cartoonish quality as the game version, without losing any detail or cool factor.

Its a shame about the animation thing, do you think anyone in the community could help you out? Because other than that I can't see a thing wrong with it... its great!

Zenodey
12th Oct 2004, 07:18 AM
Pretty sweet :eek:

The Helios
12th Oct 2004, 09:09 AM
I really like sword fights and I would surely battle as Ganondorf! But, is there any Link model?

SaD
12th Oct 2004, 09:18 AM
Great work Vailias :2thumb: . Canīt wait to see this beauty released .

Dynamozero
12th Oct 2004, 10:33 AM
Wow, that's an awesome Ganon there :)

Vailias
12th Oct 2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys. Shouldn't be more than a couple of days, maybe even tonight, before he's done.

The animation issues are very very slight, and you likely won't notice them in normal play. They show up best in a couple of the taunts, where you can see his arm not bending in quite the right fashion and another where his butt streatches a bit oddly, but for normal use and the default taunts he's pretty smooth.

Vailias
18th Oct 2004, 06:52 AM
Release time. :)

Get it Here! 803Kb (http://jodinewton.150m.com/Pimps/Ganondorf.zip)

Pic of the Red and Blue Skins:

SaD
18th Oct 2004, 09:07 AM
Release time. :)

\o/

The Helios
18th Oct 2004, 09:16 AM
So I must assume that this is already on Skin City or I can download it directly from this thread? :D

SaD
18th Oct 2004, 09:22 AM
So I must assume that this is already on Skin City or I can download it directly from this thread? :D

It isnīt @ SkinCity at the moment , but Vailias posted a downloadlink 3 posts above. :D

Seyiji
19th Oct 2004, 07:54 AM
How about a UT2k3 version

daloonie
19th Oct 2004, 12:18 PM
It's not that hard just install it in UT2k3 it's the same engine as UT2k4 just that UT2k4 has some improvements including vehicles.

Nalid
19th Oct 2004, 12:42 PM
<Cheers>

Damn thats awsome.. I love the touchups on the Teamcolors too... You didnt just smear on some red's and blue's like my lazy arse. ^_~

Top notch!

Also... can I inquire into your next project?

Darth_Chaos
19th Oct 2004, 04:42 PM
If you dont mind me saying... OWNAGE.

Seyiji
19th Oct 2004, 08:49 PM
It's not that hard just install it in UT2k3 it's the same engine as UT2k4 just that UT2k4 has some improvements including vehicles.Have you even tried to do that?

Because for me it kicks me back to the desktop with an error message (below in bold) just like every other model that uses UT2k4 edition of the tools (UPaint, UnrealED) for importing into the game.

SkeletalMesh Ganondorf.Ganondorf: Serial size mismatch: Got 541970, Expected 541975

History: LoadObject <- (SkeletalMesh Ganondorf.Ganondorf 542968==542968/543031 998 541975) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Mesh Ganondorf.Ganondorf NULL) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (Tab_PlayerSettings Package.GUITabControl.Tab_PlayerSettings, Function XInterface.Tab_PlayerSettings.Toggle3DView) <- UObject::ProcessDelegate <- GUIComponet::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Nalid
19th Oct 2004, 09:19 PM
<Pretends he is smart>

Its your skeletal mesh.... its off by 5...

>_>

<_<

o_O Yeah..... Honestly though... no idea. =P

Vailias
20th Oct 2004, 04:05 AM
@Seyiji: Hey good to see you. The Ut2k3 Compliant UKX is attached in a zip. So you will still need the main package for the textures and the UPL (which are already 2k3 compliant) but the animation package youll need is the one in the zip here. Just have it overwrite the other one as they have the same name.

Nalid: Its Very likely the few small differences between the animation sets of the 2 games. Thats my guess at least.
As for my next project? well It will be when I can get some spare spare spare time again. ;) This was basically to knock one more project out of my projects folder, and to mentally refresh from my normal side project.

I'm the lead animator, Cybrid Character/Vehicle Skinner, Cybrid Character/Vehicle Modeler, and probably a few other titles from time to time with the Starsiege: 2845 (http://www.starsiege2845.com) project.
We have declared we will have a publicly released playable alpha in January, so most of my time will be there finishing characters, vehicles and assorted map objects for the ATR. BTW if you live in the UK watch PC gamer in the comeing months for a Full page preview. :YAY:

Next things on my list of non starsiege stuff however are to get the rest of the Sailor Scouts done for Seyiji here, and get CheapAlert's gargoyles shooting things in Ut2k4. After which is to do some tweeks to the legs of Lord Alberto (pic attached) and get him skinned and into 2k4 as well.

Damn.. you just reminded me how much crap I have going, and have to do. O_o

Nalid
20th Oct 2004, 07:48 AM
Very much Hardcore Vailias... Ships, guns, soldiers... you've made it all, and not only that, most of it looks better than most of the games hitting the shelves these days. I went and looked at the Starseige stuff, very cool. Never played the game/mod myself, how is it? I don't get PC Gamer anymore unfortunatly.. ( I don't live in the UK anyways. =P) but it would be pretty cool if you scanned the page and posted it. Nice to see some of our hometown modelers getting some of the limelight. All amazing stuff, I am awed. =P

Seyiji
20th Oct 2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the update Vailias and thanks for the UT2k3 compliant mesh :)

As usual I'm in no hurry to see my models pushed out the door...just take your time :)

daloonie
20th Oct 2004, 12:48 PM
Right I hadn't tried that but Vailias did fix it. Good job and! :D

BTW awesome model I must say..

Shadow
27th Oct 2004, 09:48 PM
WOW just amazing my friend amazing!! I love them! congrats you did a spectacular job!

Zenodey
27th Oct 2004, 09:50 PM
WOW just amazing my friend amazing!! I love them I cant waite till they come out!!! congrats you did a spectacular job!

they are

Shadow
27th Oct 2004, 09:51 PM
they are
Thanks mutt