Irrational Games Announces BioShock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Irrational Games announces BioShock, a game that is dubbed as the "spriritual successor" to the highly acclaimed System Shock 2. Like their latest title, Tribes: Vengeance, BioShock will be utilizing a highly modified UnrealEngine and is already three years into development.

Gamespot takes an exclusive first look.

BioShock takes place in a mysterious genetic laboratory. Other than that the complex is strewn with corpses (also for reasons unknown), nothing is clear to you. From what you can tell, the laboratory complex is apparently a holdover from World War II--you'll see remnants of the war as well as peeling paint throughout the complex. Something apparently happened back then that caused the complex to be abandoned by whoever was using it. In fact, the complex has only recently come back into use by the scientists circa the early 21st century, and advanced, top-secret contraptions used for arcane biotechnology experiments have been hastily bolted into the rotting walls of the complex.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Major-Lee-High said:
I never played the shock games...
Buy, borrow or steal System Shock 2. Its a pretty fugly game by todays standards (nowhere NEAR as bad as SS1 is though :lol: ), but gameplay wise its still one of the best games i've ever played.

Anywho, here's my high hopes for BioShock too. This could be one hell of a game (or one hell of a dissapointment). The only problem is, I think i'll miss Shodan! :eek: :D

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
I actually think SS2, stylisitically, is better than most games out today. They definately had the right ideas when it came to how things to play and look.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
SS2 was great because it had suspense, story, atmosphere and a decent character development system.

Stylistically it was generic space station fare.