HELP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diabloggg

Oct 8, 2004
My ping is usually around 100-200 on most europe servers, but recently it got up to 400-1000 without a reason: i didnt install any new firewall/programs. I tried many programs to tweak my connection- no use :mad:. I need somebody expiriensed to guide me with the preferences option in the consol and tell me what to change in the mass of options there to imrove/restore my normal 100-200 ping if it possible from there at all :\. (btw i have adsl 1500 down/96 upload speed if it helps)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hi and welcome to BuF, Diabloggg.

Now, where are you situated in the world, who is your ISP and when did this start happening ? I'm willing to try and help you out but I can already tell you that no amount of tweaking in UT will fix this. Either this is being caused by something happening on your computer or by something that's happening with your ISP.

Diabloggg

Oct 8, 2004
1st of all thnx for fast reply:p
now to the main part- i am unfortunate to be in israel(some of our isp's really suck to be exact my isp is bezeq, it wont tell u anything i think), but i had some good monthes when i could get pretty good ping(around 100-200) by restarting constantly my ut/connection, at 40% of the cases after restart i could get the desired ping and the other 60%...:\ well it was unplayable. i left ut for some time, and now when i back even the restarts wont help- it just stuck on 400-1000 on most servers. u could say my isp suck but i had good ping often before, so i can only assume something is messed up with my ut/modem settings

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Maybe you should scan your pc to see if nothing not wanted is running in the background (spyware etc..) with an antivirus and some anti-addware programs.
Sometime one of those "things" (to stay polite) can be responsible of a sudden connection problem.

And in the UT options->preferences->network , you should give a look if your netspeed is matching with your connection.