Help with Static Meshes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow_TAT

Exit Light, Enter Night
Jul 13, 2004
Canadian Hell
I juss have a couple of question for Maya PLE users...
first of all can Unreal Engine handle Nurbs??? and can it also handle Revolved things?????

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
you can model in NURBs if you want, but everything has to be triangulated polygons for export to UEd. keep in mind that converting NURBS->polygons will frequently result in a model that needs extensive poly reduction to be properly optimized for game use. i've done both NURBS and poly modeling, and imo for Unreal art it's usually better to model in polys from the start.

as long as a revolved shape is fully converted to polys, no sweat. a tip: it's often best to delete all construction history before exporting.

in general, as long as the final export is a fully-triangulated polygon surface, the modeling steps getting there are up to the modeler.

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
Shadow_TAT said:
thanks.. but how do i convert a nurb or a revolved surface to a polygone???
Modify->Convert brings up the options. for details on settings, see the Maya help docs.