The NEXT Generation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow_Illuminus

Oct 7, 2004
My company is starting work on a new game. This will be a next-next-generation title. This means we are creating a new engine, new console/PC system, and more. If you have any ideas on the new groundbreaking game (Warfare) please contact PM/IM me. Also we are looking for concept artists, engine programmers, and Lead Designers. Our philosophy is that hardware shouldn't hold us back from creating innovation and groundbreaking games. Thank you for your attention-Shadow_Illuminus/Shade (Founder/Lead Designer)

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
More info would be nice.

General concept? Type of game? Whatever?

Honestly, you can't expect people to sign up for something they know nothing about. Or are you expecting people to come up with ideas for you?

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
Err, I'm confused. "Hardware shouldn't hold us back?" I mean, that's a fine philosophy and all, but if you've come up with a way to get around the limitations of hardware, I'd certainately like to hear it.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
Since most companies aren't afraid to link to their site (In fact, they love to do so), and usually don't post on webforums...

Also, it would be stupid for a company to ask an Unreal modding community for help making an entirely new game from scratch (Since you could assume most people here only know UScript. This is probably wrong in cases, but its still the last place to ask for game engine coders)

In short, its probably some 13 year old moron trying to get people to make something for him so he can feel important. :rolleyes:

Shadow_Illuminus

Oct 7, 2004
I'm sorry that I cannot provide more information, but I can assure you that:

1. We are a new company
2. The reason we are posting on a webforum is to get feedback
3. I understand the disbelief and suspicion, honestly, maybe we will post more info about the projects soon

I'm truly sorry if this sounds suspicious, however we would like your help, as well as the rest of the gaming communities. Thank you-Shadow_Illuminus/Shade

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
My doubts still follow, a company is a very loose terms it seems now a days. Here are some questions to fully answer these questions then.

1. What are the companies assets?
2. Where is the companies house development?
3. Where is the companies funding coming from?
4. Where are decent job descriptions, details and information regarding the said jobs?
5. Where is your actual location?
6. Where is the companies website?
7. Why is your email a hotmail address?
8. Very few company heads would use a handle such as yours, most often they would use their real names.
9. Why is your 'company' asks for ideas about their 'ground-breaking' game.
10. Where is the registration of your company?

Your asking for some very highly experienced programming skills here, and that is pretty hard to come by, especially if you don't have a lot of money. If you really want to prove who you are and what you say is true, you should be able to answer all of my above questions with ease. One thing to I noted was that you asked potential clients to PM/IM you about the said positions, but rather they should send you a CV about themselves so that you evaluate them.

All of the things you've done here show that you aren't a company, but one that either wants to start up as one or a group that is hoping to make it big.

R-Tillery

Nov 29, 2003
So we talking I work you pay? or I wait till it get's picked up then get paid? or mod work? do you have have a website or some type of link?

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
Shadow_Illuminus, surely you can see why people probrably aren't beating down the door to apply for your project: You are asking for highly skilled people, while providing very little information about what the project actually IS - just that it's "next-next generation," that it's going to be groundbreaking, and that you are looking to recruit people.

I can sort of understand your reluctance to give out information freely, because you probrably won't want people stealing your ideas, but you need to give information about the project if you want the most skilled people to join. For instance, people who like to program generally have preferences, and might be interested in certain technical challenges - some people might excel at AI programming but would not be interested in coding a renderer. Some people, on the other hand, might like coding a renderer, as long as they don't have to write any complex math operators. Similarly for art, most people have a certain graphical style, and if they don't know what your game is aiming at, they don't know whether they'll even be suitable. For instance, some people are good at drawing organic shapes but not machines. Some people can draw realistic figures but can't do "cartoony" characters without making them look funny, etc.

Concern over idea stealing is common, but irrational - simply because with the exception of perhaps an exceptional story idea, etc. ideas are almost always accessible. New features in games, etc. have generally already been covered extensively by Comp. Sci. thesis papers and seminars long before they make it into games - really, there's been very little innovation from a conceptual standpoint in a long time, but it's more an issue of finally having the computing power to implement a certain idea that people started writing papers on decades ago.