Missing visual effects

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[PuF]WarDogg

Jan 18, 2000
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
Visit site
what processor u guys got?

bullet2.gif

Micheal-(aka)[PuF]WarDogg

Porkchop

Apr 9, 2000
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
I turned on the volumetric lighting, and the fog now appears. Great!

However, I notice that objects and players aren't fogged. Only the environment. It looks kind of stupid when you're in a huge foggy room and the ammo pack at the opposite end of the room is still sharp as day. Is there a way to fix this as well?

Porkchop

Apr 9, 2000
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
I notice that some of the thumbnail images of the levels have nifty effects in them that I don't see when playing the level. Fetid, for instance, is foggy in the thumbnail, but I get little or no fog when I play it. And one of the big CTF maps is criss-crossed with red light beams, but they are not present when I play it.

I have a TNT2 running in Direct3D. Is there a setting to turn on these effects? Or do I need a GeForce?

Thanks in advance!

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
Type ~ to bring down the console in UT, and type "preferences" without the quotes. I think you go to rendering->Direct3D support (I am not sure, but it is easy enough to find). Then change Volumetric Lighting to True. This enables fog, but keep in mind that if you have less than 128MB RAM, it will swap and freeze up periodically (I know...it did that before I upgraded to 160MB). The CTF map with the red lasers only has lasers when you press a button on the wall to turn them on. There are a few buttons in the level (and they come in handy when someone takes your flag). Before I bought my current GeForce card, I had a TNT, and UT ran fine with all the effects turned up after I bought more RAM.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"/me gets railgun out of cold storage and loads it."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ngUID: 365724

[This message has been edited by [PuF]HWAS (edited 04-09-2000).]