PDA

View Full Version : Gold & Original Maps

Zenny
6th Oct 2004, 08:30 PM
I really enjoy the ECE version of Jailbreak; vJB is a nice variation, I was worried at first, but it turned out delightful.

This is kind of nit-picky, but stuff like this bothers me. Would it be possible for you to change the way you display maps in the Instant Action "Maps" window? Seeing JB-Map and JB-Map-Gold annoys me for some reason. Would it be possible to either sort them like the Onslaught maps are (tree'd), or add a filter to "Show only Gold Maps" (like the "only official" bottom)?

Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work on the mod!

Ravu al Hemio
6th Oct 2004, 11:57 PM
I really enjoy the ECE version of Jailbreak; vJB is a nice variation, I was worried at first, but it turned out delightful.
Then all is right. :D I am also happy with Jailbreak that I even posted a tutorial on their development wiki :)

This is kind of nit-picky, but stuff like this bothers me. Would it be possible for you to change the way you display maps in the Instant Action "Maps" window? Seeing JB-Map and JB-Map-Gold annoys me for some reason. Would it be possible to either sort them like the Onslaught maps are (tree'd), or add a filter to "Show only Gold Maps" (like the "only official" bottom)?
I'd say the not-gold maps are being removed from the servers now and the old maps are only kept for compatibility with older servers. Later on, you can simply remove them.

TheSpoonDog
7th Oct 2004, 03:14 AM
Yea, the gold maps are meant to pretty much just overwrite the old ones - just named different to prevent mismatches and confusion.

Zenny
9th Oct 2004, 09:47 PM
So I can delete the other maps without the rain gods coming down and killing me with, well water?

Ravu al Hemio
10th Oct 2004, 01:51 AM
So I can delete the other maps without the rain gods coming down and killing me with, well water?
If you don't plan to connect to a server that is running the prehistorically old maps (and I guess there are none anymore), you can remove them.