PDA

View Full Version : UWRC-CityLoop

Smokin
6th Oct 2004, 09:03 AM
This is another map i have started. it will be released in stages, a short track which will slowly grow into atleast a 10min lap. At the moment i am in the need for Building textures if anyone has any that i can get.

stevenhorton
6th Oct 2004, 04:32 PM
Smokin, I have about 20 ready, how can I get them to you?

Smokin
6th Oct 2004, 05:10 PM
ISP email - Hyoung2@iinet.net.au
MSN - Uputyourweedinthere@hotmail.com
ICQ - 157-695-949

Smokin
7th Oct 2004, 04:36 AM
I have made a pic up of my next map thats currently my desktop pic.

Dracarys
7th Oct 2004, 08:27 AM
B&W?

Shrimp
7th Oct 2004, 10:07 AM
Black and white adds a lot to the realism of computer images. They get even better when you tweak the contrast just right. :)

ProjectX
7th Oct 2004, 10:19 AM
Black and white adds a lot to the realism of computer images. They get even better when you tweak the contrast just right. :)
is it me or is that the text style for the game "mashed"

Smokin
8th Oct 2004, 01:53 AM
Dose anyone want to beta test this map online with me, i have nearly finished the first part of the track in which i should be able to release within a week or two. But i cant wait that long and would like to test out the map now online the actual track is finished i just need to finish up the background of the map.

If you do, contact me on these contact addresses.
MSN - Uputyourweedinthere@hotmail.com
ICQ - 157-695-949

stevenhorton
8th Oct 2004, 02:38 PM
Are these some of the textures you downloaded? If yes, what type are you looking for?

Smokin
8th Oct 2004, 06:40 PM
Yes Yes Yes thats exactly what i want only you sent me your edited version of them in where you have cut out the windows for the reflective effect.

stevenhorton
8th Oct 2004, 07:11 PM
You mean the great Steven has his mask on backwards:P :y5: If you have an image editing program, just reverse the mask if they are reversed. If you make a shader for each on, use the original as the diffuse and the specularity mask, then use any texenvmap for the reflective look.

Smokin
8th Oct 2004, 07:24 PM
I tried in photoshop Layer>Addlayermask>Revealall and it did nothing, otherwise i dont think i know how to change them back.
There is a pic of what i am getting.

Smokin
9th Oct 2004, 02:47 AM
Screenshots!

Smokin
18th Oct 2004, 10:16 PM
So is anyone interested in this map?

jerdaygo
18th Oct 2004, 10:43 PM
I wouldnt mind giving it a go :)

I can host it some night for you on my server as well if you want ;)

ProjectX
19th Oct 2004, 01:04 AM
I wouldnt mind giving it a go :)

I can host it some night for you on my server as well if you want ;)

I semn you an email ages ago asking for betatestering goodness, but perhaps my ISP never got it to you...

Smokin
19th Oct 2004, 01:28 AM
Yeah i dont remember getting any emails but here is the link to the map.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~hyoung2/UWRC-CityLoop.zip

Smokin
20th Oct 2004, 02:09 AM
dose anyone want a race on this track?

stevenhorton
20th Oct 2004, 07:21 AM
Smokin, nice map :tup: I like the layout and feel of the map:) Some of the corners are kind of tight, and the guard rails don't keep the vehicles on the road; I got stranded on the wrong side a couple times:( ( I was driving the Excellerator and using turbo. )

jerdaygo
20th Oct 2004, 09:21 AM
Smokin, nice map :tup: I like the layout and feel of the map:) Some of the corners are kind of tight, and the guard rails don't keep the vehicles on the road; I got stranded on the wrong side a couple times:( ( I was driving the Excellerator and using turbo. )

One problem steve, he has no way of testing his map with turbo :( , yet but fairly soon :D

Smokin
20th Oct 2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah i dont get the problem, you will have to wait for me to get the updated unwheel. There are a few problems with the barriers around the track that i also have to fix up. Only problem is that my hard drive crashed and i think i have lost all my 3d Max data.

Smokin
22nd Oct 2004, 03:04 AM
Can you change the way bots see checkpoints for the next version as they seem to aim at the 0,0 point of the checkpoint and not the center of it. Unless i have done a mapping error the bots seem to drive at the 0,0 coordinates of the checkpoints on my map causing them to drive into the barriers.
Also if you want to try out my lastest version of Cityloop PM me and i will get around to updateing the download link. I have added a few blocking volumes around the map and i have also fixed up my checkpoints which means the bots work.