Server setup and serverpackages

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
I have installed unwheel on my server so that my self and anyone else can join my server over the internet, and have a problem regarding the UnWheel.u and UnWheelSCars.u files.

When a client connects it says that there is a conflict between the file on the client and the server even though they have just been installed from the same installer.

If I insert the following lines into my ut2004.ini file I can then connect and play a game

ServerPackages=UnWheel
ServerPackages=UnWheelSCars

However the problem arises when my server is running other gametypes as it forces everyone that doesnt have unwheel to install the textures and u files from the redirect which takes a lot of time.

What I do not understand is why you need to put the server packages line in, if the person already has unwheel installed then fair enough let them in. If they havent then they will be blocked due to a lack of files.

Basically why does it report differences between the UnWheel.u and UnWheelSCars.u when the user has the identical ones, this problem is preventing me from hosting a server as I do not wish to have a massive download list.

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Well got some good news on the server hosting front - it's no longer needed to add the ServerPackages stuff to your server INI, UnWheel will do this automatically when an UnWheel game is played.

So your other mods and stuff and the rest of your server will not be affected at all, and clients only need to download stuff when UnWheel is being played.

You'll have to wait for around the middle of the month for the patch though :p.