PDA

View Full Version : Cool Map Idea

gamer38
4th Oct 2004, 05:08 PM
Maybe someone could make a map like this sometime.

JB-Graveyard

Jailbreak 2004

It would be in a graveyard setting with tombstones everywher that can be used for cover.

the release switches would be in a mausoleum at the 2 bases.

the jail could be underneath a grave and would have dirt like walls. there could also be a skeleton or 2(you might be able to get the sprite from the karma folder)when the release button is switched, a part of the wall would crumble and it would reveal a staircase leading to the ground.

the execution sequence (and the coolest part of the map) would be the room would go dark. really dark. as in can't see a damn thing dark. ther would be an evil laughing sound (similer to babylon temple) and the lights would come back on. except now everyones head is severed. tell me what you all think.

Mychaeel
4th Oct 2004, 05:42 PM
This idea holds some morbid appeal to me... :Dexcept now everyones head is severed.Shouldn't be too difficult to code that. So, if anybody is up to the mapping part...

RevBillyG
4th Oct 2004, 05:49 PM
Arf, if only I had the time... :/

Maybe I'll have to make some time :)

ZedMaestro
4th Oct 2004, 07:03 PM
I'd be interested, but from the description this will definitely need custom staticmesh and texture creation, which on such a large and detailed scale isnt covered by my abilities yet.

Maybe SpoonDog could do something...

TheSpoonDog
4th Oct 2004, 08:00 PM
Very possibly... I've had an idea similar to this before actually, though I'm a bit busy atm with some CBP3 (ya CBP3) stuff - I'll let you know, as I don't think it would be very hard, I'm just not sure I should commit myself to anything more atm :)

-=DARCHANGEL=-
20th Oct 2004, 12:32 PM
I'd be interested, but from the description this will definitely need custom staticmesh and texture creation, which on such a large and detailed scale isnt covered by my abilities yet.

Maybe SpoonDog could do something...

Any of you guys got 3DS max or a covertor to .DXF (might need a bit of optimizing to the brushes) this site may be of use to you.

http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/meshes.asp

Trueblood
21st Oct 2004, 01:10 PM
I`d like to first apologize for my silly ideas and for posting them in your thread gamer38 :p
but i thought i`d poke my "in jail entertainment" idea :)
If not a chimney idea..how about an air-duct like the speed tubes in Hall of giants to put them elsewhere :)
http://img95.exs.cx/img95/7409/TBsjailidea.jpg

RabidZombie
21st Oct 2004, 05:13 PM
Nice illistrations there man :D, thoug i think that sheld jumping out shouldnt be allowed, there should be some other escape route idea...

Maybie connecting both jails there should be a giant maze which loads of death traps and holes and in the center of the maze a way out... this would mean you could choose between escape or killing jailed enimys which pf course... id go for the enimys

Edit: I really couldnt resist showing off my MS Paint skills :P

Birelli
21st Oct 2004, 09:23 PM
Wow, that's bad even for Paint :p

Nice idea though, sort of similar to JB-Ancient(?) from UTJB I think in that it requires you to work your way past enemies/damage to get free instead of some combination of moves. It solves the basic problem that "skill based" escapes can be mastered after a while and then are too easy to exploit.

RabidZombie
22nd Oct 2004, 04:46 AM
Wow, that's bad even for Paint :p

Why Thank you :P

Nice idea though, sort of similar to JB-Ancient(?) from UTJB I think in that it requires you to work your way past enemies/damage to get free instead of some combination of moves. It solves the basic problem that "skill based" escapes can be mastered after a while and then are too easy to exploit.

Well I havn't got ut99 (oh the horror) so i havn't seen the map, another idea could be that there are other traps, say spawning monsters in your jail. And it could be when you escape there are monsters spawned in both jails(as punushment and entertainment :P)

You could lure people into the traps with weapons and/or shield and adrenilin.
You could also leave some weapons untrapped. Of course this would mean that after a while people know the exact route to take to get all weapons and escape without beig killed...

Kantham
22nd Oct 2004, 05:09 AM
mapping for JB is a pain in the ass for me ;)

i've maked 3 of em , im very tired , i decided to not reinstal jailbreak X200

i rather prefert Jailbreak III

Trueblood
22nd Oct 2004, 06:21 AM
Nice illistrations there man :D, thoug i think that sheld jumping out shouldnt be allowed
lol im still laughing at that :lol: but the hole is only big enough for grenades :rolleyes:
The problem with maze escapes is that if your jail is released during your escape atempt...your still lost :p Its like JB-Crusher 2004, the escape is so far, you might aswell stay by the door. (I can get to the end btw Rev..you owe me a "get out of jail free card" i have screenie to prove it :o )
Ancient is a great escape :) seems you need 2 or 3 people to help pull it off (although i find a way to do it myself >;D )
Its a shame there isnt alt escapes in 200x yet

RabidZombie
22nd Oct 2004, 07:13 AM
Its a shame there isnt alt escapes in 200x yet

There is! In hights theres that tower of bowes, you need 1 person to go up and 1 person to stay down to press the switch. Also on Indusrage you can get though the vent using a ladder of 3 people(the top person going though the vent)

Edit: for the escape while in maze what if when you were freed it teleports your jailed team only, then you can be in the enimy jail and get teleported out, anyway idont asee any ither way of tgetting out of jail considering it's
UNDERGROUND!

:D :lol: ;)

Also anyway if you are lost in the maze and you get freed its taking a risk for going though the maze anyway so i c no problem with that!

Trueblood
22nd Oct 2004, 07:50 AM
I remember JB-aswan escape now :rolleyes: silly little spiders..
industrage and heights? i dont remember them having escape. Is that in the Gold edition or JB2003 :con: its been so long since i played 2004 :hmm:

Sexmachine
22nd Oct 2004, 12:51 PM
Gold edition

ChaosJester
22nd Oct 2004, 06:17 PM
I think a maze escape would be cool, especially if the maze changed on a schedule to keep players on their toes and to make it more difficult to get out. No MS Paint or PS here to show the idea, but I think it would be cool for that to be a part of the map. Maybe shield jumping is how you get into the maze and the exit is an open grave?