Please Help... (xBlueFlagBase)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nooshva

Sep 30, 2004
Hey guys, this is my first time posting here, so please forgive me if i accendently didn't follow posting protocol... But here is my problem...

Im making a mutator in UT2K4 that replaces the flags, with my own custom classes, Im not having a problem spawning my class into the map, my problem is getting the Old Flag Bases out, I cant use .Destroy() because bNoDelete is enabled, and i cant disable that, i tried Destroying them before there spawned, but nothing i can do will let me Either Hide Them Or Get rid of them all together,... Please help there has to be a way around this dillemma...

Thanks allot, Nooshva....

Nooshva

Sep 30, 2004
Is there a way i can Disable the BeginPlay function on CTFBase?? To stop it from spawning?

Nooshva

Sep 30, 2004
how would i use the Disable() Function on the CTFBase.BeginPlay() Function to disable it?

Nooshva

Sep 30, 2004
Under CheckReplacement when the Actor Class is sent thru it, just returning false wont stop spawning of it either,... jeez ive been working on this for 2 days and i still cant find a way to Hide this Actor (and Yes bHidden=true wont work)

Nooshva

Sep 30, 2004
Im making a mod that replaces all the flag textures, so the flags can have writing on it, unfortunetley, i want to remove the Team Logo as well, and the code for this is in the actual Flag Base Code and not the individual Flag Codes, so i have to replace the entire Flag base with a new base of my own that stops it from being run (UpdateForTeam), Now im spawning the new flag base over the old one fine, and you can pick up my flag base but the other still remains.... it's just so fustrating, thanks for your help im gonna try what you said now, ill get back to you

Nooshva

Sep 30, 2004
While Making i get an error that i cant Assign Constant Variables,... Im guessing drawtype is a constant, if this was the case i would of made bNoDelete=false, .... eh, any other suggestions?

BSands

Oct 1, 2004
He was saying->
SetDrawType(DT_None);
SetCollision(false,false);

You can change the FlagType of a flagbase and then change the skin or mesh of the flagbase to match its new FlagType. If the new skin doesn't have the team symbol texscaler, then you wouldn't even have to worry about it. I would look at this source for the flag & flagbase stuff:

Flagtastic Mutator